Search results

1. EricS

Side table project almost complete

QSWO from a tree that fell 3 years ago. It’s been air drying in a stack outside the shop since i cut up up a few months after it fell. I made these to somewhat match the coffee table I made from the same tree about a year ago. I will fume with ammonia and finish with shellac and a coat of wax to...
  2. EricS

WTB Claire Minihan Travisher

Building a few more Windsor’s and would like to upgrade my travisher game. I know this is tough one but you never know until you ask. I’m looking for a Claire Minihan travisher if you have one you are willing to part with. Wood species does not matter. Let me know what you have. Regards Eric
  3. EricS

WTB Lie Nielsen #2

I know this is a long shot but just checking to see if anybody has a Lie Nielsen bronze #2 they would like to part with? Send me a PM and let me know what you have and your price. Eric
  4. EricS

FS Hand Tools - SOLD

I’m cleaning up a bit in the shop and I have a few extra tools that are just collecting dust and surface rust. So I would like to make it easy on me and offer it all for one price. This is the list: -Stanley No. 5 with Hock Blade and chip breaker with crack in handle. -Stanley No. 4 corrugated...
  5. EricS

WTB Lie Nielsen #3 Bronze

As the title states. Just wondering if anyone has one laying around that they may want to part with. Lie Nielsen says they won’t have any for a while. Regards, Eric
  6. EricS

Jet Bench top Morticer and free Craftsman Radial arm saw

Jet bench top morticer with a little surface rust but good working condition $150. Free Craftsman radial arm saw. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested. Located in Catawba, NC Eric
  7. EricS

Bench top Morticer Wilmington to anywhere West

I purchased a bench top Morticer from a fellow NC woodworker and will not be able to pick it up until the end of April. It’s just a matter of finding the time to get there. I am located near Hickory and travel the 40 east toward Raleigh often for work. I am willing to throw in some cash to help...
  8. EricS

Perfect Handle screwdriver set

I’ve been obsessed with these screwdrivers for some time. I am having a hard time finding a modern manufacturer of these besides Garrett Wade who does not sell them any longer can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a set?
  9. EricS

Fuming my latest project

2 years ago I drove down the road near my house and spied a massive white oak blown over in someone’s yard, so I stopped in and asked what they had planned for the tree. They said they wanted it gone. I topped the tree for fire wood and the rest was a 26’ of clear white oak that was 31” at the...
  10. EricS

Looking for a used Shoulder plane

Looking to buy a shoulder plane. I thought I might see if someone on here may have a lightly used one laying around their shop and is willing to part with it. Prefer a Veritas, LN or old Stanley in good shape before I buy new. Shoot me a PM if you have something. Thanks for looking, Eric
  11. EricS

Japanese Chamfer plane

I have a nice Japanese chamfer plane (unknown maker) that I would like to sell. I am only getting rid of it to purchase a higher quality(=more expensive)plane. Willing to ship if you cover shipping otherwise I live in Catawba, NC only a few miles from the 40. You can pick it up or I can meet you...
  12. EricS

Shop built rotary phase converter

I have a shop built rotary phase converter that I used on my SB 13” lathe. Sold the lathe so I no longer need the RPC. It comes with a 3ph panel to hook up multiple pieces of equipment and flip a breaker and you have power to the individual machine. Requires 220v to start and run. Puts out 208v...
  13. EricS

New Japanese chisels

DHL just dropped these off today. A full set (3mm -48mm) mentori oiire nomi and 6mm- 15mm mukomachinomi (mortise chisels) I have a lot of work ahead of me to get them in shape fore use.
  14. EricS

Chair finished

About a month or two ago I meet up with Danmart77 and picked a enough white pine for a few seats I had planned on making. I finally finished my first democratic chair designed by Curtis Buchanan. It was a little easier than the 4 fan back chairs I had previously built. It did not stay with me...
  15. EricS

Hold Heet Glue Pot

Wondering if anyone has a Hold Heet Glue pot lying around that they are willing to part with? Shoot me a message if you have one. Thanks, Eric
  16. EricS

White pine blanks source

Hello all! It’s been a while since I’ve been on the site. I am working on a few Windsor chairs and I am looking for a source for about 4 or five blanks or rough sawn boards to fit the bill. I’ve used poplar in the past but wanted to try white pine this time. I’m in the Hickory area and don’t...
  17. EricS

First Spoon carving

I had a apple tree blow over this fall and finally got around to carving my First Spoon. I used my Cub Scout knife (I’m 49) and a small gouge for the hollow part. I probably will by a crook knife to finish it out. Not perfect but I like it. Thanks for looking, Eric
  18. EricS

WTB Spoon Carving knives

Hey folks, may be a long shot but I’m looking for a decent crook knife and sloyd knife for carving spoons. I am just checking to see if anyone may have a set lying around that they may want to get rid of. Please shoot me a PM if you have something. Thanks, Eric
  19. EricS

Need to reset my password

Lucky for me google has remembered my password but I have not. I am trying to reset my password but I need to know my old password. Can you reset it for me? Thanks, EricS
  20. EricS

Looking for Sapele

I'm finally getting around too replacing the mahogany in my Boston Whaler. I figured I could stand to go a little cheaper than "real" mahogany. I need at least 30-40 Bft 5/4. If you got any shoot me a PM with price and location within an hour of Hickory.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS