Search results

1. red

Jet 10% discount

Just FYI if you're looking at purchasing any Jet woodworking equipment, it is 10% off site wide until 3/17/24. Red
  2. red

FS: 4' florescent workshop lights. **SOLD**

I have 11-4' florescent workshop lights with bulbs and chains with hooks to hang for sale. They have been in storage while I built my new house and workshop. Electrician talked me into new 8' shop lights so these are no longer needed. They give plenty of light as shown in the workshop pic. The...
  3. red

What color workshop floor would you do?

I have to pick a color for my new concrete workshop floor. They're going to use a solid color concrete sealer. I need to pick a color. What color would you do your workshop floor if you had the chance to do it? Thanks. Pics if you have a favorite colored floor are always helpful. Red
  4. red

New chat box icon bottom right corner?

Is there a new chat icon in the bottom right corner of the page? It won't let me hide or close it. At one point it was asking if I wanted to add a device and gave me some kind of phone id. I'm not liking it. I only get it here on the ncwoodworker.net site. Thanks. Red
  5. red

Beautiful house and workshop near Lake Norman

Found this house with a 26'x36' workshop near Lake Norman. If someone is looking for a freestanding huge workshop and beautiful house near Lake Norman, this may be for you. https://www.terravistarealty.com/search/NC/Denver/4637Gold-Finch-Drive/28037/3855460/1/1/1/50/JeEft8ZCuuSsNqvwy7Pu Red
  6. red

Minimum temp for spraying Mohawk duracoat pre-catalyzed lacquer outside?

I searched and came up with nothing. Is there a minimum temp for spraying Mohawk duracoat pre-catalyzed lacquer outside? I was going to wait until the temp hit 40 degrees and then bring my project outside from a heated workshop to spray. Thanks for any help. Red
  7. red

SOLD Router table, Stile & Rail cutter, Glass panel cutter

I have for sale a Grizzly T10432 router table with updated aluminum router table insert. Used but in great condition. $125. Also for sale a used Freud stile and rail cutter set model #99-764 with a brand new never used Freud glass panel cutter model #54-760. $75. These are located at my place...
  8. red

Anyone use a brochure style website? Looking for advice, thoughts.

Didn't know exactly where to post this so I did the general woodworking section. I'm looking into doing a brochure style website and was looking to see where yours is hosted and general monthly cost plus how do you like it? I had an ecommerce website that cost me $276 per year with very little...
  9. red

For Sale; Ridgid EB44242 Spindle/edge Sander **SOLD**

I have a one owner Ridgid EB44242 spindle/edge sander for sale. Has been in a climate controlled workshop from day one. Very good condition. Comes with everything shown in the pics. Two complete sets of both 80 grit and 120 grit sanding sleeves plus a box of sanding belts. Has had limited use...
  10. red

Wanted: DELTA 43-357 Double-Ended Router and Stub Spindle

I'm looking for a DELTA 43-357 Double-Ended Router and Stub Spindle if anyone has one and wants to part with it. This is a spindle that allows my old Delta shaper (43-355) to use router bits 1/4" and 1/2". I've googled it and nobody has it new or used that I could find. Hoping someone has one...
  11. red

Plywood Cart with Contents - SOLD

Heavy Duty Plywood Cart with Contents. For sale shop made heavy duty plywood cart with all its contents. Heavy duty casters. Cart holds 8’ long sheets of plywood with storage cubbies on the back side. There is a full sheet of cherry plywood, large pieces of maple, birch and baltic birch...
  12. red

Considering a Festool ETS 150/5 EQ-Plus 6" Random Orbit sander. Who's got one?

Hey All, I'm considering the purchase of a Festool ETS 150/5 EQ-Plus 6" Random Orbit sander. This has the 5mm sanding stroke. At $390 it's a lot of money but the reviews give it high marks. Many say it cuts their sanding time down considerably with high quality and that's what caught my...
  13. red

Beautiful black walnut lumber

I picked up a load of some very nice black walnut this morning at the Appalachian Walnut Company in Lincolnton NC. If you’re a woodworker this is a place you need to visit. Many different grades of walnut. Cole and Brennan are brothers and run the sawmill together. Both are great to deal with. I...
  14. red

Dust Adaptor for a Porter Cable Belt Sander (352VS)

I need help in locating a dust adaptor for my new Porter Cable belt sander model #352VS. In the manual it shows a dust adaptor you can purchase. I've searched everywhere I can online and in my catalogs and I come up with nothing. Does anyone know about this or has better luck searching than I...
  15. red

SOLD DCT Cyclone Wood Saw Dust Collection Garbage Trash Can Lid

DCT Cyclone Wood Saw Dust Collection Garbage Trash Can Lid – Woodshop Dust Separator Lid for Woodworking Collector Tools This is very slightly used and it works great. I just don't have a need for it anymore. It includes the collection lid, 90* bend and two sections of 4" hoses with clamps...
  16. red

Shipping a piece of furniture help/advice

Anyone have experience shipping a piece of furniture and can offer some advice/help/give me a direction to head? I built a rather large urn for a client. It's exterior dimensions are 53"L x 23"W x 12"H and weighs in at 50 LBS. It's built in pine. I need to ship it to Rhode Island from the...
  17. red

Branding a cutting/charcuterie board... top or bottom?

I'm looking to see how people who brand their cutting or charcuterie boards, do you brand it on the top (face) or on the bottom (back) side? I've been branding the back side but I like the look and started thinking it should go on the top. What do you do? Thanks. Red
  18. red

Brushing Lacquer... do you have a favorite brush?

I purchased a can of brushing lacquer to finish some cherry potpourri bowls. The directions say to use a natural bristle brush. I tried some and I'm not happy with how the lacquer flows off the brush. I even tried a foam brush with some pretty good results. Do you have a favorite natural bristle...
  19. red

I broke a bandsaw blade today... that's a god thing.

I broke my bandsaw blade today just cutting out some cherry rounds for some potpourri bowls I need to make. Once I got the new blade installed and finished the cut, I realized how dull my old blade was. The new blade cut through like butter and following the cut line was so much easier. So I'm...
  20. red

RAS side tables complete.

I finished building my side tables for the radial arm saw. I never had tables before always relied on roller stands or the router table to support my lumber.Very happy with how these turned out. Red

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors