Search results

1. ehpoole

Whatever happened to Ethan? (May be triggering to some)

I just want to thank all of you for your very kind and touching words, i’ve come back a number of times in the past day, or so, to reread your words and thoughts as they mean quite a lot to me. I have been struggling quite a bit lately to hold things together (I have to at least make it through...
  2. ehpoole

...Continued... I do miss many of you and I reflect quite fondly on so many of you whom have been with us for many years and I do still try to check in here once or twice each week and occasionally you will see me comment on a thread, but I’ve not been nearly the regular I was up until the...
  3. ehpoole

For those of you who still recall who I am, as I’ve not been around much this past year, I have been meaning to write this for while now but never quite getting around to it as these are never “fun” discussions to have. So I apologize for the considerable delay as I do consider many of you to...
  4. ehpoole

Pressure Washer help?

Jeff, He has every right to feel that way and there are pros to electrical power washers even if I’m generally not a fan of them for most purposes due to the very limited power of consumer grade electric pressure washers. The OP is not required to justify his purchase or feelings associated...
  5. ehpoole

Reaction time and Points?

In many respect they are no different to the stats we generated in the old site that indicated how many “thanks” you earned versus how many you had awarded and the ratio of “thanks” per post tally. It’s really more of a metric for those interested to gauge how useful others may have found their...
  6. ehpoole

Pressure Washer help?

Generally speaking, on average (IMHO — an essential qualifier) one is going to be better off with a gasoline pressure washer over electric as the electric models — especially any intended to be powered off a common 15A 120VAC socket — are severely limited both in terms of their working pressure...
  7. ehpoole

Milwaukee Router Quits

If the router is otherwise fine and served you well all these years you could also opt to replace the failed bearing(s) and keep your existing router. Unless, of course, you are itching for a new tool! Either way, best of luck on your quest.
  8. ehpoole

Moisture Meter opinions

If you ever get desperate, you can chain 9V batteries together to achieve the necessary plate voltage...or use a DC-to-DC Boost Converter to generate the necessary voltage from a lower voltage cell that is more readily available.
  9. ehpoole

South Carolina funeral home to honor unclaimed veteran

The funeral home is part of a larger chain of funeral homes and their parent company has a program in place that provides for burial of unclaimed veterans (they could not locate any surviving family) with full honors. So it essentially comes out of the collective companies’ profits. But it is...
  10. ehpoole

Delta Portable Planner TP300 Type 1 (13 inch)

Indeed, it is very unusual for products to use any sort of custom bearing as that just adds to the cost unnecessarily and there are so many existing stock bearing parts that such is rarely necessary. If you, or the new owner, pull the existing bearing you should be able to order a replacement...
  11. ehpoole

Plywood plank flooring for new shop?

That would be my top choice for a rigid and inexpensive floor as well. Just break all the edges before laying it down so as to avoid splinters along the edges should someone ever wander through barefoot (sealing with poly also helps immensely). I would think that trying to break plywood into...
  12. ehpoole

Plywood plank flooring for new shop?

In the case of Lumber Liquidators there is a certain “buyer beware” aspect as many of their in-house brands have been manufactured in China “on the cheap” and found to contain harmful levels of formaldehyde (with their apparent knowledge) due to their choice to use formaldehyde based glues as...
  13. ehpoole

Hairline Cracks in Oak

The hairline cracks can occur during drying (especially if too aggressive) but another common cause is wind shake damage in a tree that has been subjected to either an extreme wind event (such as a severe hurricane) or repeated bouts of high wind that create stress cracks within the tree from...
  14. ehpoole

Dust Collector Issue

Most likely explanation is that the volume of airflow has dropped off significantly from when things are working nominally and the bins are not full, such that there is no longer sufficient velocity on the suction side to capture the chips being thrown off by the knives. As a result, the...
  15. ehpoole

Floating Shelf Commission

There are two common strategies for floating a shelf. The first uses steel dowel pins that bolt into the wall studs and then mate with corresponding holes drilled into the shelf. The more common solution involves routing a large mortise (or use a dado cutter in an interrupted cut) into the...
  16. ehpoole

Looking for empty Kreg pocket screw containers

If you want a nice organizer for Kreg screws you can buy the Stanley stackable organizers. They have a number of good sized removable bins large enough to hold 500 of most of the screw sizes and when you are finished you can put the bin back in the carrier and close the lid. They make...
  17. ehpoole

router collet too tight?

Another possibility is that you may well have a 6mm collet and a 1/4” (6.35mm) shank bit. That would certainly make for a very tight fit as collets are usually designed to provide a fairly snug fit (though not so snug that you would need tools to extract the bit) and the added 0.35mm, even...
  18. ehpoole

How would you hang this?

Provided your load is balanced a simple nail through the top hole should suffice very nicely (or a screw if you prefer). But if you need more security against imbalanced loads or do not want the hanging mechanism to be visible I often use keyholes (though I frequently cheat and buy the metal...
  19. ehpoole

New resources - blank screens

You can get there if you click on “History” then “Download” (rather than the default “Overview” screen that displays the description), but that does seem like a rather awkward way to get to the file.
  20. ehpoole

Is there such a thing as an extra-extra thin wall socket?

Just a question, given this is the shaft for the quill, can you get at it from the opposite end of the shaft instead? If you can work it from the opposite side then you may only need to immobilize the nut enough to ensure it backs off, which is often much easier. Anyhow, I ask as I’m not...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors