Search results

1. NCPete

Does this count as a woodworking accident?

what happened to the rule, Pics or it didn't happen?
  2. NCPete

Cheap import 14 inch bandsaw

sold, listing deleted
  3. NCPete

Festool ROS?

nice reviews / quality tests. have now subscribed, thanks for the tip!
  4. NCPete

Dust Collector Rattle - UPDATE

if you take the machine apart, you will likely find quite a bit of wobble in the shaft that drives the impeller.
  5. NCPete

What kind of wood is this

any pictures of the crown / leaves?
  6. NCPete

RDU Lunch this Friday - Jan 17

oops - that is 5 minutes from my office, but today is my work-from-home day. Enjoy!
  7. NCPete

Bosch Drill/Driver PS20 clutch - toss or repair?

If you like the brand, and want more versatility in the tool: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-Freak-18-Volt-Cordless-Impact-Driver-1-Battery/1000540049.
  8. NCPete

Moisture in Air lines throughout shop

seconding the suggestion for inline air dryers where ever you connect a hose, above that low point. between the tank and your line. it will reduce or eliminate new moisture in the lines. and - wow, I had forgotten how much they cost. an inline separator may also be a decent, and cheaper, option.
  9. NCPete

Wanted - 12" or larger bandsaw

so would I, but that one I shared gives a good foundation for price. 14's are certainly more capable.
  10. NCPete

Wanted - 12" or larger bandsaw

there is this on FB martketplace: Facebook Marketplace: 12” Delta Band Saw - Tools - Ulah, North Carolina
  11. NCPete

Finishing Black Iron Pipe

once super clean like Oka suggests above, perhaps whatever the magic elixir that Jimmy Diresta uses on his steel projects to make them black would be good?
  12. NCPete

Older Festool tracksaw

pleasantly surprised this exists, and now searching for it! Festool USA If I'm not lost on the site, it appears they only have one item listed now?
  13. NCPete

Older Festool tracksaw

sounds like a steal. but like with guitars, you always want to lay your hands on used tools before buying. Or, have someone you trust do it for you.
  14. NCPete

Safety is important after the furniture leaves the shop.

I spent 13 years in furniture sales, and I believe we had wall connector kits nearly that entire time - and I have been out of that business for 7 years now. Shocking that, considering that Ikea had similar hardware in their kits, with instructions how to place it, that they were found negligent...
  15. NCPete

Miter gauge - Recommendations

thank you - in playing with the various devices in Klingspor's yesterday, those two devices are the ones that drew my attention the most.. I mean, except for the $1100 sliding table that I would also need a $3300 table saw to attach to...
  16. NCPete

Alternative to Kreg brand screws?

I second Custom Service Hardware as a source.
  17. NCPete

WTB - Quiet compressor advice

What size is that one Bill? I would be interested in giving it my best impression of Junquecol.
  18. NCPete

Leaf blower died

right - I use the "engineered fuel" exclusively in all my 2 stroke machines now. When I switched, I was impressed with how well they ran, and how much better they started.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS