Search results

1. D

Blanket Chest

Real nice work.
  2. D

Adventures in tool picking, a gloat...

LOL, maybe I should rephrase that, I'll be done with Bailey Bench Planes for a while. :occasion1 I did pick up a Disston No 2 saw vice with the gizmotron file holder and a couple of saw sets. The wife shouldn't leave me alone for a weekend. It's easier to slide this stuff under the radar...
  3. D

I'm 99.99 percent positive that it was black enamel spray paint on the totes, they had been repaired and repainted at some point in their lives. I do think that they were more then likely black originally, but all of the stanley's I've seen with black handles (like my #4) have nice black laquer...
  4. D

I've always heard that you can't walk through an antique store without tripping over a Stanley jack plane and I've mostly found that to be true until I started shopping for one. I was able to find a decent user for an okay price but I had to laugh because wooden planes and stanley transitionals...
  5. Work Bench

Work Bench

Our work bench on the ship.
  6. Jack Plane Refurb

Jack Plane Refurb

user grade plane
  7. D

Antique Back Saw Restoration... Disston Content

I love working on old tools, I've been busy tuning up planes lately but I finally got around to doing some filing on the teeth last night. I'm going to hit it up with some neverdull and see how much "bling" I can get out of it. I love old tools but I'm pretty sure I am going to pick up a...
  8. D

I wonder ....

:occasion1I thought about it, and then I thought it would be even more in the spirit of halloween if I had a skillsaw (a plastic black and decker from walmart maybe, so it would be light) and a bloody nub, because even though he is all about safety this is halloween after all... maybe that would...
  9. D

Too Cute To Pass Up

Cool, I'd keep it on a keychain or hang it from the rear view mirror of my truck so I could have some Wood Worker Bling :) The price is very nice, too.
  10. D

Lie Neilsen #7 Jointer Plane Gloat

Do you find yourself standing around in the shop looking for boards to joint just for fun? Pretty sweet deal.
  11. D

A Woodworking passage in literature...

I listen to public radio in the mornings on my way to work and around 5:30 they do a poetry prose. The old guys voice is now the voice in my head anytime I read something like that... :) Nice, really makes me want to read the rest of the story now...
  12. D

Umm... If this is a how to... I'm done.

I liked the "flare" with the spray can; reminded me of that classic 80's movie Cocktail... Now if he could flip a 2 1/2 HP router up in the air and catch it I'd really be impressed!
  13. D

The saw looks great. I read about that, Froglips must be a genius, I've never heard of that trick. I even googled it and it led me back here. To be honest the smell scares me a little bit, though! I might have to give that a try.
  14. D

I picked this old Disston (1871-1876) back saw on that internet auction site for less then a set of card scrapers and thought I would see if I could bring it back to life. It's no collecters item, that's for sure. I'll post some pics of the progress. Last night I removed the saw nuts, tote...
  15. D

New Yankee Workshop DOA

That's too bad, I don't know about you all, but I'd rather watch a bad woodworking show over a good scrapbooking or one stroke painting show anyday!
  16. D

New Handplaning DVD is coming (not soon enough!!)....

Sounds like a nice stocking stuffer... I'll have to put that on my amazon wishlist when it comes out.
  17. Coin Display

Coin Display

A navy tradition is to exchange "challenge coins" this is a display for the skippers many coins. Red Oak and Walnut Trim. This came out of my shop but was not built by me.
  18. D

Obligatory 1st post post

Thanks again everyone! I am on the Harry S Truman (Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier). I'll have to post some pics of our shops. I am in repair division, so I get to work with lots of cool stuff. Welding, Machining and even woodworking. Best job in the navy :)
  19. Child's Bench Seat

Child's Bench Seat

Side view of the Wild Black Cherry Bench Seat I built for my kids.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS