Search results

1. Dutchman

Routing Aluminum

I want to update a form I use that currently has a piece of hardboard to Aluminum. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions (bit type?,…...) for plunge cutting and machining out a circle into the 1/8 thick piece of aluminum? Making the cut is not the issue, just wanted to solicit any knowledge...
  2. Dutchman

Glass shelves

I am working on a glass door cabinet that will have either 1/4" or 5/16 thick glass shelves in the deck. I priced them at furniture city glass in high point, and was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or sources for purchasing glass shelves. anyone bought somewhere online and had...
  3. Dutchman

Rosette Bit

A friend of mine asked me if I would make him some of these blocks to go at the top of the door casing in a house he is remodeling. I was wondering if someone has a router bit that will make this cut. I've looked at some online, and they are rather expensive for just 4 blocks. Does anyone have...
  4. Dutchman

Cross attachment to Metal Stud

I am working on a cross to hang at our chuch, and am looking for some suggestions for attaching to the metal studs. I have decided to attach it to one stud, so I can machine the back of the cross for a fastner or series of fastners in the back. Below is a picture of the cross, and a small...
  5. Dutchman

Pen Turning Question

I have been helping my son get started turning some pens. We bought a mandrel and some pen kits. After we bored the blanks, the brass sleeves don't seem to set up tight in the blanks. We are using a 9mm bit that was reccomended and CA instant glue. We scuffed the brass sleeves a little for...
  6. Dutchman

Hardware Placement

Hey Folks, I wanted to offer up some advice I have learned from trimming out furniture cases through the years. The right hardware in the right location can really set your work apart! First, after you decide on knobs or pulls, do a simple sketch with the hardware. This will help give you an...
  7. Dutchman

Teacher Gifts - Cutting board finish question

Hey Folks, Working on some teacher gifts, and was wondering if anyone had a quick and easy finishing idea for some hard maple cutting boards with walnut dice pattern. I have used shellac in the past, and also wiped on cooking oil, and was curious as to what some others generally use. Thanks..
  8. Dutchman

Panel Trimming

I was wondering what some of you guys and gals use to trim the ends of panels over 18" or so. Do you use a sled on your table saw or use a skill saw with a straight edge? My radial arm saw has its limits and as far as square goes well...
  9. Dutchman

Triad Meeting at Greensboro Store

I noticed on the calendar, that there is a meeting of the Triad Woodworkers Association at the woodcraft store in Greensboro next Monday (12th). Is that something that is attended by the folks on this site? What do you do at the meetings?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors