Search results

1. Dutchman

Well, my jig slipped.

It looks like the errant route is at the back or the case? You might consider planing some walnut 1/8 thick, rip these 1/8 strips the width necessary to cover the route and pin them accross the back in front of the back panel like a decorative element.
  2. Dutchman

Steam bending

"Poplar is a poor bending wood but it was on hand (BORG stuff)." Ash or Beech will work better.
  3. Dutchman

Maloof Desk build finally completed

Good job! Very well sized and proportioned. I see some accompanying pieces in your future.
  4. Dutchman

Drawer Repair Dilemma

Put it back together, use lots of glue, add glue blocks to bottom of drawer front, sides and drawer bottom, add a 1/4 x 1/4 piece of quarter round to the inside of the drawer (front and sides) and use small pin nailer to attach, and move on. You are repairing an edge banded mdf drawer front...
  5. Dutchman

Olive Ash Burl and Wenge Coffee Table

Excellent design and execution,.....outstanding!
  6. Dutchman

Help think through large cookie dining table

In this picture the Mickey Mouse shape looks better to me using it as is. It's going to be very difficult to get it into a house, and the floor might require some additional support.
  7. Dutchman

Help think through large cookie dining table

It would be impressive if you could pull it off. 1 - Sahpe- Are you going to leave it in its current shape? It doesn't seem like a good shape for people to talk comfortably in its current shape.. Maybe you could cut it and add something to the center to get it into more of a "rectangular"...
  8. Dutchman

Cabinet Making

6 ply is interesting,....I was taught plywood is produced in 3,5,7,9,etc.,...ply for what is called balanced construction. Core - face and back and however many x-bands required.....
  9. Dutchman

Grommet for A Wooden Box?

Furnlite.com. - accessories. - grommets
  10. Dutchman

Remember the Golden Rule of propotions when you build

Crown section above the top doors could be a little heavier, but having worked on a LOT of bob timberlake furniture, the proportions seem reasonable to me.
  11. Dutchman

First Pass Bed Design - Please provide feedback

looks good! The only other element you could consider is a slight taper on the inside edges of the posts at the bottom, just to soften the square a little.
  12. Dutchman

Going to comment one more time, nothing personal. I vote against the double rails on the foot in your second version, you only need a top cap and a top and bottom rail like your first version. Keep the footboard ht at you bedding height, I think it is a little to high now. Make the bottom...
  13. Dutchman

Looks pretty good. I would make your side rails 82" long, queen mattress is 80" long. 1 3/4 posts are a little light, but fine structurally. Draw them 2 1/2 x 1 3/4 just to compare easy to do at this stage. Make sure your headboard is tall enough, putting a lot of work into this bed, make...
  14. Dutchman

Needing help on terminology to locate part- cylindrical nut....

Try stafast,.....that's where I get mine "joint connector nut"
  15. Dutchman

Dumb question re: Tape measures in the shop

I will occasionally compare the measurement of my tape measure to one side of my framing square. The get dropped, misplaced,.. I have had to "tweak" them into line also.
  16. Dutchman

Review this kitchen table design?

i think your overall design looks good. The Keyed tenons are an important design feature. Make sure you have enough allowance for the bench base to fit "comfortably" between the table base. Minimum 1 1/2" each side or so. How wide is the bench top? Don't go to wide on that, maybe consider a...
  17. Dutchman

Refurbished chest with marquetry

+1. You obviously put a lot of work into that chest.
  18. Dutchman

furinture testing

google - ncsu furniture product testing,....will take you to their web site for product testing. Furniture Manufacturing and Management Center

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS