Search results

1. B

Saw Sharpening

I've been sharpening a lot of my nest of saws for the first time and tuning up some beaters to sell. I highly recommend Ron Herman's new dvd on sharpening for those interested. I also took Bill Anderson's class at the Roy Underhill's, but the dvd really made it "click" with me. Herman's...
  2. B

Triton Router Collet Slippage

Just got around to putting my Triton 3HP router in my table to make some edge moulding for a desk I'm building (pics to come) and on 3 separate instances, the collet on my new Whiteside bit was loosening and the bit was rising up. Forturnately, the only thing hurt was several feet of walnut...
  3. B

Langdon Acme Mitre Box Kingbolt

I am restoring a Landgon and am missing the "kingbolt" - the bolt the is the fulcrum upon which the carriage rotates on. Anybody have a junker/parts that I could get my hands on? Thx in advance.
  4. B

My Holtzapfel Bench - COMPLETE

Finally done and wanted to post a few pics of my first bench - finished a few weeks back. Pretty much followed the Schwarz article - opted not to include the deadman. Specs: 6' x 24" 3" top - Ash Base - SYP Face vise - Veritas Twin Screw w/24" on center, Ash chop w/suede leather face Tail vise...
  5. B

Triton 3 1/4HP Router Gloat @ Woodcraft

Popped by Woodcraft in Greensboro yesterday RIGHT before closing to get a BU plane blade. On my way out, saw the Triton routers and hastily asked what the price was - $179.99. Didn't check to see if it was the old model or not due to time. Called today to find out - yes it was the old model...
  6. B

CL: Walnut and Cherry Lumber - $2 (Harmony)

Bought ~50 bf of 8/4 cherry from the poster of the ad, Doug Greer, on Friday. Real nice guy and great to work with. He was almost out of the cherry, but said more was on the way. He was getting ready to send 3,000 bf of walnut to be kiln-dried. Also had some HUGE beams of pine from an old...
  7. B

Porter Cable Gloat

Went to estate sale during lunch and picked up a P/C biscuit joiner for $80 and a 3hp P/C router for $90. Here's a pic of the router from the auctioneer's site. Its in really good shape, will need to add a speed control for the router table (and a lift TBD) - but its a MADE IN USA model...
  8. B

Cabinet Shop Retirement Sale

Posting for a friend of mine who is a professional woodworker, and is retiring and closing his shop. Dozens of hand and power tools for sale as well as tables, carts, and excess material. Some items include table saws, miter saws, a band saw, 4x8 sheet rock panel dollies, power drills, nail...
  9. B

Milwaukee 12" Slider Miter Saw @ BORG

Saw the new Milwaukee miter saw last night marked down to $549 (down from $649-$699). Get a 10% Lowe's coupon from ebay and you're below $500. Fine Homebuilding had rave reviews of the saw - its sitting right next to the Ridgid (which I have) for the same price. :gar-Cr Plus you get the...
  10. B

Machinist's plate

Not mine - just ordered the 18X24 granite plate from Enco for ~$37. http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/1424561474.html
  11. B

DW735 Planer on CLT CL

Not mine http://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/1419343051.html
  12. B

Kernersville here

Newb to site. Avid DIY'er mainly focused on carpentry but getting into WW. Working out of garage but use mobile tools e.g. 12" Ridgid slider miter, Bosch TS/router and recently acquired a Bench Dog Contractor router table off CL. Thanks to the "hot deals", picked up a DW735 last week. My...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS