Search results

1. T

Need to mill some Walnut in upstate SC

Hey guys, I happened into some Walnut that I couldn't refuse.... I now have 4 nice size chunks of Walnut sitting in the back yard (And some nice tire tracks showing how they got there...) These are from a yard tree.... They have been on the ground at their previous location for around...
  2. T

Recommendations for a comfortable rocking chair

Hey guys, Need some recommendations - I want to build a nice rocking chair... The wife needs something nice to rock the babies in.... Unfortunately, the "Boughten" sorts are either permanently upholstered (AKA Spitup catcher) or Horribly uncomfortable... or crazy expensive. What's your...
  3. T

Looking for a good spruce log

Hey all, I am hoping someone here can point me towards someone that may get the occasional Spruce log in South Carolina or WNC. I am Looking for something good quality, straight/no twist and few knots (I need at least 25" edge to edge between knots).... I would like bigger diameter (24"+...
  4. T

Stinky SPF 2x4

Hey guys, Got a strange question... Hoping for some identification help. I found a scrapped piece of an SPF 2x4 that I was going to use for a project... Looked a whole lot like Spruce or Fir -- Med rays not particularly prominent, even on split out stock.... Wood color.. Looks like light...
  5. T

Looking for a source for quartersawn live oak

Hey all, I got 1 board of live oak a while ago out of a guy's back pasture pile... I finally got around to cleaning it up and like what I am seeing so far..... Unfortunately, I don't think I can get any more from him... It was mostly rotten and buggy... and he got a real day job and started...
  6. T

Need recommendations for good birdhouse plans

Hey guys, Starting a project at work to be a little more Environment and Wildlife friendly... One idea was to mount various types of birdhouses around the property to provide homes for those wonderful insect eating friends (and maybe Bats too...) So... I would appreciate suggestions on where...
  7. T

Want a finish to pop the grain in QS Red Oak

Hey all, My next guitar project is going to be another small body acoustic. Back and sides will be QS red oak I resawed out of a larger board. I am looking for finishing suggestions for really popping the ray flecks and the grain/color in the wood. I want to be able to see it from a...
  8. T

Hello

Hey all, Wanted to say Hi. Was out of the woodworking world for a couple years.... and building a guitar called me back. Finished my 1st acoustic guitar, then found you guys here. I'm over in Seneca, SC and wondering if anyone on the board is nearby. Thanks John

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS