Search results

1. S

anybody with portable milling capabilities?

Cool, thank you very much!
  2. S

anybody with portable milling capabilities?

A woodworking friend of mine needs to take down two fairly large oaks on his property and I suggested to him he should consider trying to find someone who has a portable milling capabilities to harvest the wood (his dad, a veteran woodworker, things he could get about 900 bf out of them!). He...
  3. S

looking for 12/4 soft white maple.

Thanks for all the answers! I'll try Rick at the woodworking first and work down the list of suggestion if he can't help. Thanks.
  4. S

looking for 12/4 soft white maple.

I'm in the Charlotte (well Concord really) area and I'm looking for a fairly small quantity of 12/4 soft white maple for table legs. I really don't need a huge amount. If anybody has any place they would suggest I would be grateful. If I can't find it, I'll likely have to laminate some of the...
  5. S

Ridgid tablesaw replacement parts

How does the song go again... You'll find it all on eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeBay! I would give ebay a shot. Especially if you have a part number. Its never fun to buy something that might already be used, but it beats investing in an entirely new table saw.
  6. S

Aftermarket fence recommendations?

Well, after much thinking I finally decided to spring for the Delta T2 (upon Cato's recommendation and many other positive comments I've read about it). I'm actually quite impressed at the built quality considering the price. It really is a very nice addition to the Saw. It rips like a champ...
  7. S

Cato, nice setup... and I just saw it for 136$ at tools plus! (6.50 shipping!). Thanks for all your feedback, I've been browsing the ridgid forums today... Lots of interesting options.
  8. S

Has anybody with a R4511 Rigid table saw (the one with the granite top) "upgrade" the fence on it? I like the original fence, but made a big mistake. I refaced it with phenolic ply, and used industrial strength two sided tape to hold the ply to the fence's face applying (too much) pressure...
  9. S

This just in... Liquid wood ?!?

You have my vote on this...
  10. S

This just in... Liquid wood ?!?

http://www.spacemart.com/reports/German_company_sells_liquid_wood_999.html Interesting read....
  11. S

Pen display

Very nice. I need to find myself a project that'll justify trying this out :D
  12. S

Pen display

Hm, re-read your post and answered my own question... bent lamination. Did you have to soak/humidify the wood before being able to bend it that tight? How thin where you slices?
  13. S

Pen display

Very cool pen :) How did you make the U shape?!? Looking at the grain, I would think you bent the wood. It doesn't look like you have assembled it out of thin slices. And the radius of the U would be prohibitive I would think. Thin pieces would likely break unless they where humidified...
  14. S

working with cedar.

I'll go with the consensus and make the top slotted. It does make a whole lot more sense for drainage. and they can always put something on top if they want to draw on paper... As for the finish, I'd like it to not turn silver the way I see most cedar pieces turn when they aren't finished...
  15. S

working with cedar.

This is a first for me. As I posted while I was looking for cedar, my wife asked me to make a table for the kids to play. An outdoors play table. So first step was to get cedar, and now that's done (thanks again Rick). Now a question comes to mind. I want to start building my table top...
  16. S

Looking for cedar close to Concord

Thanks for everybody's public and private replies. Got quite a few options now.
  17. S

Looking for cedar close to Concord

My wife has tasked me with building a small table and bench for outdoors playing for my kids. Does anybody know where I can find some decent (no need for FAS) ceder around the concord/kannapolis/mooresville area? I don't mind driving a bit. Thanks!
  18. shoe cubby

shoe cubby

shoe cubby with breadboard top, nice curly maple
  19. shoe cubby

shoe cubby

20. shoe cubby

shoe cubby

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors