Search results

1. J

JUST COME!

For some the distance to picnic is great, and maybe you also have little ones which would prevent being able to fix something to bring to the picnic. Don't let that stop you, as WE ALWAYS HAVE FOOD LEFT OVER!!! Just be sure and register so the club will know how many to order for. See you at...
  2. J

FREE (2) 9004 Halogen Light Bulbs

Ordered using vehicle fitment list, (which has now been updated.) Bulbs don't fit my vehicle. Seller said to keep them, and credit issued. These fit many Dodge products between 2000 and 2014. Check to see what kind of bulbs your vehicle uses. Remember FREE! Located in Apex. Even if you...
  3. J

Taylor Tool Works Sharpening System

After watching several videos on his system, it seems almost too good to be true. I know the Work Sharp uses same principal of sharpening, but for about fifty bucks, the Tay Tools system is a lot cheaper. I've assembled all the parts to make my own (I'm CHEAP!) Bought the arbors at Farm...
  4. J

Match Fit Dovetail Clamps

During the last week, due to RSV, I've had plenty of screen time I've looked at several jigs / sleds that feature Match Fit Dovetail clamps. They seem almost too good to be true, but are rather spendy. It amazes me that for the length of time they have been around, there isn't a Chinese knock...
  5. J

Old Timer from Apex

Even though I've been here since the early days, I have never introduced myself. I'm a retired, self employed handyman / plumber/ cabinet maker. etc. Held several professional licensee's in working years. Spent about six years teaching shop in school system. We live on five acres between New...
  6. J

Interesting Glue Spreader

Yesterday looking at videos of various working techniques, saw this. First select a bolt and nut long enough to span edge of board. Bolt needs to have threads all the way to head. Put nut on bolt and hand tighten to where the threaded area showing is about the same as edge of board. Apply...
  7. J

Have You Tried Propane?

One of the big problems with solvent based finishes is "drying in the can," and forming a skin on top of the finish in the can. There are commercially available products to help prevent this from happening. But ordinary propane, the stuff in your gas grill, has all the necessary properties to...
  8. J

Disston and Other Hand Saws

Was in Cary Rehab Store earlier today, and they had a till full of handsaws, the bulk of which were Disston. Priced less than ten bucks each, FYI.
  9. J

2023 Picnic

Weather was PERFECT, food excellent, and company great. Plus after all these years, I won a raffle prize, Worksharp Improved Knife and Tool Sharpener. From door prizes, walked away with a three pack of Klingspor's ROS disks, plus bought a 42" belt sander from Hank. Thanks to all who made this...
  10. J

Dubby $159 with FREE Shipping

Got an Email from Peachtree, and they are running a three day sale on many item, including the Dubby, with FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50.
  11. J

Blind Furniture Maker

Tonight, the Tarheel Traveler featured a Fayetteville NC furniture maker who is TOTALLY blind. He does everything by feel, and yes he uses power tools. As a chopper pilot in Nam, he took a round in the face, and has been blind since. And I thought I had some problems hindering my wood working.
  12. J

A Total piece of Crap!!

Redoing finish on kitchen floor. It's parquet flooring, which Bruce no longer makes, and came with a "Life Time Warranty" which is useless. Even if they made the stuff, I would have to tear out the old, which is glued down and interlocking squares, so I'm refinishing it. Steam cleaned...
  13. J

Blood Thinner, Super Glue and Black Pepper

Yes this may seen like it belongs in "Off Topic " thread, but most cuts occur in the shop. Since my heart attack in Dec 2021, I have been on blood thinner (generic Plavax.) This means that the smallest of cuts bleeds profusely. Couple weeks ago nicked my index finger on left hand. Tried for...
  14. J

$40 Switch For A $35 Saw

Somewhere in the late 90's, or early 2000's, I bought a used DeWalt 364 circular saw from pawn shop for $35. Fast forward to today, and it needs a new switch. Switch cost about $40, plus sales tax, which means switch costs more than I paid for the saw. In the 70's we used B&D's Super Saw Cats...
  15. J

Who, or what logged me out?

Went to site last night, and found out I was logged out. Don't have a clue as to why.
  16. J

Dead, Or Dying jumper Boxes

I need a couple of dead, or dying (makes no difference) auto battery jumper boxes. These will be parts donors for a project that I have in mind.
  17. J

Delta Enclosed Base 14" Band Saw-$1200

Saw this in Apex Habitat Restore today. American made, Delta 14" enclosed base band saw. Includes fence system and Delta dust collection port (6".) Looks new, but tires have been replace with polyuratane ones.
  18. J

Winterize That Power Washer - NOW!!!

With temps on Christmas weekend not to be much, if any, above freezing, it's time to winterize your power washer. To winterize mine, I disconnect washering hose, and with power running run a solution of 90% RV antifreez and 10% mineral oil thru the pump. Only takes a few ounces to do the job...
  19. J

Third Type of Lights

When I built my shop in 1982, I put in some t-12 fixtures that I bought from Duke's surplus store. About five years ago, converted them to t-8's, with matching ballasts. Experienced very short tube life with t-8's. New ballast were either GE, or Phillips, and bulbs were also Phillips. Not...
  20. J

TS Throat Plates With Slide In Inserts

Bob Vaughn's thread about Corian TS throat plates set in motion my search for a Youtube showing how to make throart plates that have replacable slide in inserts. Took a bit of searching to find it, but here it is titled "Making Zero Clearance Universal Table Saw Inserts," by the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS