Search results

1. M

Sharpening chainsaw

Went to the Stihl 2 in 1 sharpener a few years back. Never looked back. I also use full chisel chains, it makes a big difference.
  2. M

Memories of shop class in middle school

8th grade shop was drafting the first half of the year and woodshop the last half. I was hooked right from the start. Took every drafting class in high school and worked in the woodshop building my model A frame house. Went on to get an Industrial Engineering degree from there. It all starts early.
  3. M

Custom made router bit set

Guys I am in need of a V-Notch router bit set with an angle of 56 degrees for the chamfer angle. I can only find the sets in a 45 degree angle. Does anyone know of a company that makes custom router bits. thanks...MK
  4. M

Pricing

Finally got back to making outdoor furniture. Just finished these two pieces from a batch of Eastern Red Cedar that I picked up a while back. They are sealed and finished with Total Boat sealer and clear Marine Spar Varnish. Would like to sell these but having a hard time coming up with a price...
  5. M

Suggestions for clamping a desk longer than my clamps?

If you are using Bessey clamps you might want to look at clamp extenders. They work great.
  6. M

Table Base

Looking for a fabricator that does iron table bases. I live in Pittsboro. Making a dining room table and looking for a base along these lines. Something that won't break the bank. Thanks for your help.
  7. M

Nice Find

Trimmed a board to see how it looks. Real nice. Yes it is Cedar.
  8. M

Nice Find

Just picked this lot up yesterday. It was stored in a barn for the last 20 years. Got it all for 300.00. Time to make some outdoor furniture.
  9. M

Canoe - Finished (finally!)

That is absolutely breathtaking.
  10. M

New Project

Just finished this for a friend. Lots of fun doing the build.
  11. M

Jointer/Planer combination

I have the Mini Max FS35 Smart. It is a beast at 1000lbs but it is the best purchase that I have made. 14 in planer and jointer with Tersa knives. It makes taking rough lumber to smooth and straight a breeze. If you want to come and take look I am in Pittsboro.
  12. M

Before I join the herd and buy the DeWalt planer

A few years back I picked up a Minimax FS35 smart combo from a cabinet shop. It was the best purchase that I have made. 14 in combo machine. It is a beast at 1000 lbs, but with the tersa cutter head, you can't beat it. It is on a mobil base. It was defiantly worth it.
  13. M

Adirondack Chairs

Had a customer that had a smaller footprint on his deck around the fire pit. A slight modification of the chair to fit.
  14. M

Considering a Festool ETS 150/5 EQ-Plus 6" Random Orbit sander. Who's got one?

I have the ETS 150/5 sander and it is great. It is my go to sander for all of my projects. I also have the ROS 90 and it does a great job in tight spaces. I also have two dust extractors. The tools are definitely worth the money.
  15. M

Wow this drill bit surprised me

I used a right angle hole hawg to do my whole shop with self feeding auger bits from Bosch. Worked like a dream. Just make sure you have a death grip on the right angle drill with both hands.
  16. M

Mini-split installation

I just installed a 36,000 BTU Mr Cool DIY unit in my building. Did the whole thing electrical included. It was no problem at all. The new systems are really very easy to install. Works great.
  17. M

Who has a chainsaw they don't use anymore?

I have been using Stihl for many years. I went from a ms 251 to a pro series ms 261. The difference is unbelievable. The power to weight ratio makes a huge difference. If you are going to handle big logs, you don't want to be fighting them all day long. Also learn how to sharpen your own chains...
  18. M

New Shop - Build Pictures

If you are going to have a mini split unit you will need a 30 amp breaker. I would go to a 200 amp service with a lot of extra circuits. You are going to need them. I had a separate service run to my shop with its own meter. Glad I did.
  19. M

Adirondack Chairs

Whatever works. Just a good deck screw.
  20. M

Adirondack Chairs

Here you go guys: Adirondack Chair & Table Just make sure that you take your time making the patterns. Once you get it all done making a set for someone else is a snap. I made additional templates that are not on the plans to help center the screws on the arms and a square template to lay out...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors