Search results

1. Tarhead

MAXXT 5.0mm 350W ROS Reviews?

The only mention here was in a two year old thread about the new (at the time) 3M sander. Any feedback from users? This is not the large Rotex version: Amazon.com
  2. Tarhead

FB Group Member Having A Problem Registering on the Web Forum

3. Tarhead

David Marks Woodworks Series on YouTube

Most of us in the retirement age group probably remember David Marks' show Woodworks on the DIY channel. He has finally decided to upload the shows to YouTube. If you haven't heard of him he was and still is a very talented woodworker from Northern California who trained under Art Carpenter and...
  4. Tarhead

High Dew Point Alert!

Charlotte area dew point is at 59f. The metal surfaces in my shop are ~48f. If I were to open my shop to take advantage of the 60f temps outside without heating the equipment above the dewpoint it would condense water vapor and cause rust. Leave the outside air outside!
  5. Tarhead

Greenville, NC Hardwood Sources?

One of the more common questions on the FaceBook group is about trying to find hardwood lumber in the Greenville, NC area. If you have one that isn't on the map please share. Probably a good opportunity for a business if you're looking for something. The closest options that I know are in...
  6. Tarhead

Charlotte Saw and Knife Has Moved

From the NCWoodworkers FaceBook page: Walt Michaels Top Contributor · · PSA. Charlotte Saw has moved to Locust, NC. 204 Locust Ave. Locust NC 28097 I found out after I drove 45 minutes to get there and I couldn’t figure out how to get in so I called them. She informed me then. She said...
  7. Tarhead

Knew Concepts Marquetry Saw

Here's a chevalet option for those of us without much space. Interesting back story by Knew's owner Brian Meek:
  8. Tarhead

New Yankee Workshop seasons 1-7 on YouTube

The New Yankee Workshop YouTube channel has all of seasons 1-8 now. If you're just starting out, many of us got started in woodworking watching, and building projects we saw Norm Abram make. There are books that go along with the series you can find in your library or buy used for cheap that...
  9. Tarhead

RIP Reggie Medlin

Reggie James Medlin Obituary 2023 - Hartsell Funeral Homes
  10. Tarhead

4, 5hp 1phase Sawstops for sale on the NC Woodworkers FaceBook Group in Wake Forest and 3 Castle machines.

SSs $4200 includes an overarm dust collector $3000 for Castle Machines https://www.facebook.com/groups/northcarolinawoodworkers/permalink/10159193925666561/
  11. Tarhead

NC State Fair Handicrafts and Hobbies Competition

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE WEDNESDAY, JULY 5, 2023 CONTACT: Andrea Ashby, director N.C. State Fair Press Office 919-707-3004 andrea.ashby@ncagr.gov 2023 N.C. State Fair Competitions Now Open RALEIGH - There is no better feeling than being awarded a blue ribbon of your own. The 2023 N.C. State Fair...
  12. Tarhead

Google Maps of Woodworking Resources in/near NC

I've been busy adding lots of resources: 117 Kiln-dried Hardwood Lumber Dealers 79 Sawmills 18 Kiln Operators 39 Wide Board Service Providers 17 Blade Sharpeners They get updated regularly. If you want to recommend an addition/change or want to provide feedback please message me. I have...
  13. Tarhead

Bosch to add 400 jobs in Lincoln County Making Power Tools

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/06/01/bosch-adding-400-jobs-investing-130m-lincoln-co-power-tools-business/
  14. Tarhead

Lots of single phase machinery in New Bern auction

Ends 5/10/23 at 1:30pm https://www.irsauctions.com/popups/paddle/?lot=461701&auction=2D7C2ZNCEBYOVNVEF3MAS57GPGC86T&id=25833
  15. Tarhead

Vintage Tools And Tool Auction 2/3

Sharing from FB Marketplace: Vintage Tools And Tool Auction #2 5071 SALEM CHURCH RD, HAW RIVER 3 PM 2/03/2023
  16. Tarhead

Link to Subforums Broken

I tried to share this link to the FB Group: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?forums/cad-cam-cnc-laser-drafting-and-machining.145/ It goes to the most recent posts page using win 11 on a laptop:
  17. Tarhead

RUST ALERT

We're going to have conditions throughout our area that can lead to surface rust tomorrow. It's going to be tempting to open up your shop to the nice day forecasted. Our temps and dewpoint will be going up. If you have a shop full of cold metal there can be condensation and then rust. Leave...
  18. Tarhead

Check Out Your Local Library's Online Magazine Selection

Check your library's online resources. Ours (Cabarrus County) has Popular Woodworking, Woodworker's Journal, Woodcraft, Australian(?) Woodsmith and a few other home DIY types.
  19. Tarhead

52", 192HP, Two Sided Planer in Zebulon at Oak City Customs

=AZWhZ6hYdg1di7DWjDRElqeSe6gIQkHSz-Hn0Ln8GxaqcnAT3UQy5Qncr1xz_xN5BmDsQxO857QghG0V_5Y0dgwsBn2UDUyub1szVZS4VcwU2VTvjzUDI6iXm898d2WMeh-wyTRxRsf2E1865daNYeoi9zSSiZyGTjisIOK5RYsLwb83lpXfSvocvslWaiqqaFc&__tn__=%3C%3C%2CP-R'] Possibly the largest of its kind on the entire East Coast, our newest toy is...
  20. Tarhead

Recent Sandpaper Discussion on NCWW Facebook Group

We just had a great discussion about some of the different sandpapers available and this Jonathan Katz-Moses YouTube sandpaper test was posted. If you haven't seen it it's very good and he used a robotic arm and pneumatic sanding head from ATI Automation in Apex to do the sanding. It applied a...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors