Search results

1. Tarhead

He has a long wait ahead

and "rare"
  2. Tarhead

MAXXT 5.0mm 350W ROS Reviews?

The only mention here was in a two year old thread about the new (at the time) 3M sander. Any feedback from users? This is not the large Rotex version: Amazon.com
  3. Tarhead

If you don't have a riving knife on your old table saw

That version is called the Shorty. Newer versions have a long slot milled into them to allow the height adjustment. https://www.thesharkguard.com/product/riving-knives-and-splitters/
  4. Tarhead

If you don't have a riving knife on your old table saw

...or you could get/make different height splitters and install the hardware from Sharkguard to create a quick change bracket. This one is for thin stock. Takes about 15 seconds to change out to a different height splitter and replace the insert:
  5. Tarhead

Where to buy a maple slab in the triangle?

Joe Martinez address: 5333 New Hill Holleman New Hill NC 25740 email: joemartinez316@gmail.com phone: 805-340-6866 notes: By appointments on Weekdays but I'm available on Saturdays from 10 to 12 without appointment. Rescued WOOD Rehab address: 718 N. Main St. Fuquay-Varina NC 27526 web...
  6. Tarhead

riving knife

Check out Sharkguard. A ~pre-2010 table saw may not be able to be updated to a riving knife, only a splitter.
  7. Tarhead

Speaking of SawStop

I frequently see requests for trades on the 52" rails to 36" if that tells you anything. Get a large piece(s) of cardboard, lay it(them) out in the footprint of 52" rail, and live with it for a week or two. See how valuable that space is to you.
  8. Tarhead

SawStop Legislation

I've used them since they were released on my '80s Unisaw.
  9. Tarhead

SawStop Legislation

It takes just a few minutes of watching HGTV or YouTube/Instagram or stopping at a construction site to see people not using eye/lung protection, blade guards, splitters, ripping fences or miter gauges on their worksite table saws. I really don't think they're going to buy and use $60...
  10. Tarhead

SawStop Legislation

Can a benchtop table saw without a blade guard safely do the same?
  11. Tarhead

Hardwood / Plywood Source Gaston County

Rugby and A&M are near N. Graham and 85.
  12. Tarhead

Setting up dust collection, differently.....

If I talked down to you I apologize. I was a Respiratory Therapist for 40 years and saw thousands of people die unnecessarily miserable deaths. Furniture workers were part of that group even with OSHA rules. Home woodworkers are exposed to hundreds of times the amount of ultrafine dust particles...
  13. Tarhead

Setting up dust collection, differently.....

That unit is intended for one machine. Even then, it does not have enough power to do more than collect large particles. I would not expect it to be adequate to allow you to safely make dust without PPE and would be concerned about the ultrafine dust getting into your house if connected to your...
  14. Tarhead

3D Printed Table Saw Dust Collection

Making changes in dust collection and not measuring the changes in PM2.5 (invisible size range) released into the air is sowing a false sense of safety. It's the dust you can't see that's dangerous, not the stuff you can see. This monitor is inexpensive and closely correlates with expensive lab...
  15. Tarhead

Looking for glue & finish recommendations

As far as wanting something reversible...TBIII starts to soften at about 120f.
  16. Tarhead

How is the new Hardwood store of NC?

Kluttz in Concord has slabs out the wazoo. Check the resources tab for a map with lots of options for smaller suppliers: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fiq2gE_wRvVgiu8jHGPgJQo_hUtE0qQp&usp=sharing
  17. Tarhead

Want to purchase a band saw

Band saws have very few moving parts. Bearings are universal. Switches and microswitches(open door safety) are replaceable with off the shelf parts. Carter and other aftermarket suppliers have replacement guide sets.
  18. Tarhead

They make both. My MM20 has a 220v, 3hp 1ph motor.
  19. Tarhead

There's a MiniMax S45 (18") on Facebook marketplace that needs a can of wd40 and a bottle of Krudcutter but for $700 you get a heavy, powerful, Italian-made machine. I have the 20" version and love it. Log into Facebook
  20. Tarhead

Laminated Plywood: A snipe hunt?

Horizon has it in 4" wide. I image they can get it in larger sizes. Call and make an appointment to pick it up. 3/4″ Birch White Face Impor White Liner HPL 2 sides – Horizon Forest Products A&M Supply in Charlotte has this: A&M Supply

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS