Search results

1. eyekode

Looking for 8/4 poplar or cottonwood for axe targets

I live in the raleigh/apex area and am looking for a source for cheap poplar or cottonwood. It is for throwing axe targets so inexpensive is the name of the game. Thanks!
  2. eyekode

Looking for help in Apex resawing ~12” oak

I have a wonderful piece of oak from Scott Smith that I got about a decade ago. I would like to resaw it to make two solid shelves. My bandsaw only has 10” of capacity. Anyone in the Apex area wit a well tuned bandsaw who could help this weekend? TIA!
  3. eyekode

A simple hickory side table

A local woodworker was relocating and he gave me quite a bit of his hardwoood stash. Here is a simple side table I made out of a single piece of hickory (I cheated and used other stock for the legs): The base is mortise and tenon and the top has a very large radius curve on the end grain...
  4. eyekode

C-table project

It has been a while since I posted project but I’m glad to have something to share again: This Christmas I designed and built a c-table for a friend. I had a great piece of jatoba that was given to me probably a decade ago that worked perfectly. Here is a picture of the final table in its...
  5. eyekode

In search of ~24" diameter cross section of hardwood

My wife has put in an order for another table like this: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/need-suggestions-for-finish-on-funky-end-grain-table.69173/ Any suggestions on where to find another slab like this? The original is about 4" think and probably ash. I don't really care...
  6. eyekode

Need suggestions for finish on funky end grain table

I have almost finished sanding my funky end table: It will sit on my mostly covered front porch. When it is super windy some rain may splash in it. Also in some seasons I need to be careful to avoid mold as under the porch gets very little sun. I have spent hours sanding the top to really...
  7. eyekode

End grain table: how to stabilize checks?

About 5 years ago a friend gave me a disk cut from a tree he had taken down. This weekend I got around to flattening it. There are some checks in it, but they don't go all the way through. I was debating how to stabilize them. I could do butterflies. But was wondering if just epoxy would be...
  8. eyekode

Kitchen island progress

A couple months ago I asked for feedback on a kitchen island design. Here is the old thread: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/kitchen-island-take-2.66601/ As a follow-up I have completed most of the project. Some pics: The carcass is plywood. The drawers are dovetailed...
  9. eyekode

Kitchen island take 2

We are in the process of redoing our kitchen which includes bumping out the back of our house for a little more room. I have a GC doing most of the work but I am on the hook for the island. Here is the general layout of new kitchen: As you can see we are planning seating on two sides of the...
  10. eyekode

Kitchen island: design ideas

We are planning on bumping out the back of our house adding ~5 feet to our kitchen and creating a new office. This will give us room to add a larger island and hopefully a coffee bar. I plan on making the new island and coffee bar. The rest I will leave up to contractors. Hopefully you guys can...
  11. eyekode

Simple beer tap handle

Quick and fun little project that combines flat work, turning and simple chip carving: IMG_4842 by eyekode, on Flickr IMG_4842 by eyekode, on Flickr IMG_4842 by eyekode, on Flickr It is a gift for a friend's birthday. I hope to deliver today and have a beer or two :) Let me know what you think...
  12. eyekode

Cherry Mirror frame

I finally finished making my last present.. for last Christmas :). It is a simple cherry for a mirror. Drawbore tenons on the top and wedged through tenons on the bottom. The finish is BLO, poly and mineral spirits: Untitled by eyekode, on Flickr by eyekode, on Flickr Untitled by eyekode, on...
  13. eyekode

Cherry breakfast table

I am sad to say it has been a few years since I completed a project. But this Nov I started on a small table for our breakfast nook. The nook gets some sun and I thought cherry would do well there as it ages and deepens in color. I really wanted curly cherry but I couldn't find any stock nearby...
  14. eyekode

My first pen-cil

It has been a while since I have been able to make any wood chips but I finally got back into my garage this weekend. Here is the result: Black Palm/CA finish Hopefully my son will finish his first one soon too!
  15. eyekode

Small logs for totem pole

I am in need of some smallish logs to make a totem pole. My kids and I do the y guides program and in our second year we make a totem pole as a tribe. Here is the totem pole I made with my my oldest daughter as an example: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44270 Ideally the...
  16. eyekode

3" locking casters 7.97 at HD

Looks to be normal price. This was in Apex. They don't look quite as nice as woodcraft's but the price is right.
  17. eyekode

Some Christmas bowls

First up is the last large bowl from a tree I started working on over 3 years ago: I tried but couldn't give this wood away :). Next is a piece of sweet gum. Not my best turning but the wood makes up for it: Merry Christmas all! Salem
  18. eyekode

Help with sanding end grain cutting boards

I am located in Apex and have a couple end grain cutting boards that need to be sanded for Christmas presents. Anyone in the area around this weekend and willing to let me run them through your sander? I am more than willing to throw in a couple bucks for supplies. Thanks! Salem
  19. eyekode

What grit am I on?!?!

Tis the season for making Christmas presents so I am sanding bowls (oh joy! :(). I always seem to forget what grit I am using. Man I wish sanding pads were marked. I have suffered from this problem for years. Today I finally had enough: A strip of Velcro and a strip of painters tape. Done...
  20. eyekode

Great Lakes casters: lathe and bandsaw

I have a small garage shop with some pretty big tools. All are on wheels except for my bandsaw (18" jet) and lathe (jet 1642). The bandsaw I didn't really need on wheels but the lathe is a pain when turning bowls if I want to bring the headstock to the tail end to give more room to avoid...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS