Search results

1. AAAndrew

SOLD Blow-out hand tool garage sale - Nov.7

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to the sale this weekend. It was a great success. My workshop is less cluttered, some good tools went to good homes, and I was able to help out a couple of young woodworkers as well, always a plus. What tickled me the most was my scrap pile. Those...
  2. AAAndrew

I am so supportive of young woodworkers, accompanied or not by parental units.
  3. AAAndrew

I still have some good deals. Since the weather is nice, I’ll do this for a few hours tomorrow morning from 9-11
  4. AAAndrew

For the young man who came with his mom, message me.
  5. AAAndrew

Had a busy morning! Thank you all who came. It was fun selling to people who will enjoy and use the tools. We still have some more, so come on by. I’ll be here until 3:00.
  6. AAAndrew

The sale will be from 9:30-3:00. My house is on Timber Wolf Dr. in Durham. Get to the corner of Fayetteville Rd. and Caribou Crossing and signs will direct you in. https://www.google.com/maps/@35.8921111,-78.9461136,17z Can't wait to see y'all!
  7. AAAndrew

Which hand plane is best for this use?

Sorry to hear that! The hours are 9:30-3:00. Can you send someone with a shopping list? I'll help them find good stuff. If I still have enough left over, I may run some hours on Sunday. Check the garage sale thread, just in case.
  8. AAAndrew

Old Disston Saw Find

That's a very nice etch on a very early 7. Beauteous.
  9. AAAndrew

Which hand plane is best for this use?

I agree with the vintage #6. And if I may give a little plug, if you're anywhere near Durham, I am having a big garage sale tomorrow (Nov 7) and cleaning out my workshop. I have a #6 (by Miller Falls), a #7 (by Sargent), and a bunch of #4's (Stanley, MF, Sargent). Along with a ton of other hand...
  10. AAAndrew

Which square? There are a couple on there. Sorry, I don't have a beam compass. Regardless of which square you meant, they are all inexpensive compared to anywhere else. I'm trying really hard not to have to ship. (that's why my prices are so good, I could get more on eBay) Shipping is a real...
  11. AAAndrew

$5. Nice and tight on the handle and well balanced. I have two and only need one. I've also got like four more boxes of tools not in these pictures including braces, drills, a breast drill, chisels, bits, etc... I have a lot of pricing to do tonight.
  12. AAAndrew

I was thinking $40. No shipping needed. It's in good shape.
  13. AAAndrew

Oh, did I mention a working, complete, Miller Falls drill press?
  14. AAAndrew

Oh, and if you want some boxwood blanks for making tools, these have been drying in my climate-controlled workshop for over 10 years.
  15. AAAndrew

Ok, I have some photos. This is not everything. I still have to go through the chisels, the bits (I know I have some center bits and spoon bits for chair makers) and assorted stuff. As you can see in the first picture, I have marking tools, including my oldest, a sliding bevel I believe is...
  16. AAAndrew

Hand Saws

Ooooo. I like that Sargent saw vice. That's sweet.
  17. AAAndrew

$3 honing guides, $8 vintage chisels, $18 ratcheting brace, ... and even some clamps (can never have too many of those) pictures later today.
  18. AAAndrew

Back out to the Raleigh Flea Market on Saturday Oct 24

The Lee Valley set was purchased. I still have a couple of the smaller, simpler honing guides for $3 each. Those, along with a lot of other great stuff will be at my garage sale next Saturday, Nov. 7th. See my other For Sale post for specifics.
  19. AAAndrew

I’m going to do it. I’m cleaning out most everything from my workshop. I’m only keeping one simple set of tools and my bench. Everything else must go. wooden planes metal planes Knight Toolworks wooden planes saws chisels braces bits (Irwin, spoon, center, Jennings) Assorted stuff...
  20. AAAndrew

Back out to the Raleigh Flea Market on Saturday Oct 24

Pretty good. The two Craftsman planes are the only bench planes I brought not picked up. I’m now thinking of a full tool blowout garage sale on Nov 7th. Everything will be out and priced to sell.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS