Search results

1. W

Raleigh CL - Nice deal on a General 3hp Tablesaw w/Bies

I amost bought this saw 5 months ago, when he had it on CL for $500. I guess he got too much intrest and held out. I can't blame him for that I guess.
  2. W

Tablesaw suggestions?

I understand not wanting to spend alot of money in this economy. I have a Ridgid Granite top table saw that I have had for about 6 months now, and love it. You can pick one up at home depot on sale for $299, if you can find one in stock. I know of alot of NCWW's that have them and love it...
  3. W

I get more shop injuries from...

most of my injuries come from blades of hand tools, such as pocket knives, chisles, hand planes, and the dovetail saw loves my hands. I believe that you should leave a little BLOOD, sweat and tears in all your work, I know I do.:gar-La;
  4. W

High School Woodshop

In my high school, shop class was a breezer. Most kids took it for an easy grade. I remember actually working in the shop while all the goof offs played wall ball behind the shop. Our teacher only required 1 project for the year. Most kids built bluebird houses the first couple of weeks and...
  5. W

CL deals in N. Raleigh

I picked up the 3hp shaper, he had it listed as 3 phase, but was wrong. It came with a dozen cutters, and 2 spindles. The bottom of the cabinet was rusted some, but easily fixed by my dad, the machine shop owner. Overall not a bad deal at $200, even if we had to rework the bottom of the base...
  6. W

Powermatic Shaper, other goodies

It's probably worth that much in scrap metal, ha ha! :gar-La;
  7. W

Kiln Dryer in Wake Forest area?

The sawmill over by the NC State fairgrounds is the closest one that i know of. They can dry and saw your logs, for a fee of course. Good luck.
  8. W

Possible Deal at HD

The HD at Strickland and Sixforks in Raleigh has 2, the one in Wake forest sold as soon as the doors opened on 1/13, the same day they went on sale. I wonder why. If you want one you better hurry. I bought one a while back and am very pleased.
  9. W

Gloat!! my new $34 table saw

That's a nice saw, I know because I have the same one. Unfortunatly I paid alot more. Check at home depot though, they just put it on clearance. You might be able to get some of your money back, ha ha. P.S. I made longer rails (out of 2" steel square tubing and 1" angle iron) for mine to...
  10. W

Table Saw - Decided Once, Decided Twice, Disgusted Too The Point of Insanity

Re: Table Saw - Can't Decide If you like the Ridgid, but just need a heavier saw, try the Ridgid granite top table saw. It weighs 450 lbs. and has plenty of power. I have had one of these for a while now and love it. The only thing I don't like about it is that I paid $699 for it and now...
  11. W

Ideal shop size

I have worked in several cabinet shops, some of which were 40'x100', to my old shop an old huge chicken house( that the ceilings are too low in!). And the best advise I can give you is design it so that you can cut standard lumber with your table saw, and even longer stock if you can. Also tall...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS