Search results

1. mbeach

Wood for smoking

Does anyone have or know where I can get wood for smoking? My BIL has a green egg grill/smoker We are looking for wood chunks like apple, maple, hickory, alder, cherry, etc
  2. mbeach

Decking wood

I need some wood for expanding my deck. Does anyone on here know a good place to get the wood from near Winston Salem. I would like to support A local business instead of the big box. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  3. mbeach

Paint Stripping on Wood Furniture

My wife and I just bought a dresser and a twin sleigh bed from a consignment furniture store. Does anyone know anyone that will strip the paint off of these? Or have recomendation on how to do it myself.
  4. mbeach

First 'Real' project.... Need some help

Thanks everyone for the feedback. To clarify a few things. I would say that I am an advanced beginner --> Intermediate worker. I am also only building the bed, not building the trundle (drawers under the bed). Bas, I had the same idea about making 2 rails and a headboard and footboard...
  5. mbeach

First 'Real' project.... Need some help

Hey everyone! Been a while since I have been on here. Have not had much time for woodworking lately :(.... But, with a new baby due in January and a 2 year old now, it is time for her to get a 'big girl' bed. We have found one that we like, and after looking at it, it does not look to...
  6. mbeach

How to test a used Drill Press?

What do I need to look for when buying a used drill press to make sure it is working ok... How do I test and make sure it is a straight hole with no wobble? How do i test for accuracy? Anything else i should look for? Thanks Michael
  7. mbeach

HF Multi tool

It may be this weekend or in a month, but I saw in one of their ads that this is on sale for $35(i belive)
  8. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I really enjoyed working on this. And turns out I love scrolling. Should i put any kind of finish on the piece or leave as is? Any advice would be great. Thanks!
  9. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

You did not hijack my thread. Thanks for the input. I did not have any problems with the glue and the blades. I went through about 3 blades.
  10. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

I stood the whole time, I dont have a chair yet. I stood on a concrete garage floor :)
  11. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

I made in it 3 hrs straight. That is starting with sawing down the plywood. putting sheets together for stack cutting and the cutting itself.
  12. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

I did not think I would, and I got the saw to make some very simple no detail puzzles for my daughter... and saw this pattern the PChristy made. And figured I would try to do it. I actually LOVED it and shocked myself.
  13. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

I used some Baltic Birch Plywood that I got from NZAPP1. Thanks Nick!
  14. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

I think i am going to put it in just a black frame, nothing fancy, just a basic frame.
  15. mbeach

Long Overdue Gloat(s)

These are long overdue... But rather be late than never. Hitachi C12FDH Miter Saw - I got this from a guy in Thomasville at a store that sells all sorts of things... it was only $100 brand new :) Bench Grinder Jet 1014 Lathe, Stand, and Bed Extension - I got this from Douglas...
  16. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

Here is a picture of my first project. Took me right around 3 hours to complete. Thanks PChristy for the pattern! It is not cut at an angle... The picture makes it look like it was. I think I was to close to it when I took the picture.
  17. DSC05570

DSC05570

18. DSC05569

DSC05569

19. DSC05567

DSC05567

20. DSC05565

DSC05565

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS