Search results

1. decibel

Plywood Suppliers selling to public

I tried AM I tired A&M and they required an account Rugby was the same maybe I don't know the secret handshake :oops:. I grabbed what I needed from Wall since I knew it would match what I had but given we're redoing a lot of built ins with the new house I may try to open an account we'll...
  2. decibel

Plywood Suppliers selling to public

I'm in Charlotte and I'm having no luck finding decent plywood from a supplier that will sell to me. Wurth along with others are mostly useless now as they require you to open an account. I obviously don't do that kind of volume.. I picked up some Mahogany ply from wall lumber and I need a few...
  3. decibel

New Rockler Store, Not Exactly Near By

Well looks like there is a Rocker store coming to Charlotte this fall. Saw an email saying they just signed a lease and they have postings out for a store manager in charlotte on their site. Wonder if that's why the tool isles disappeared?
  4. decibel

Rockler isle in Charlotte

Sad tp hear, I was excited to see Rockler items for retail sale around here.
  5. decibel

Selling / Moving shed / shop

Looks like it's too tall to move soon looks like we will either convince the buyer to keep it or have someone tear it down or want it for salvage
  6. decibel

Selling / Moving shed / shop

I was considering moving my shop with us to our new home but we don't really have a spot to put it yet and the buyer wants to closer earlier on my old house. So what would the group here suggest in how to sell it? It's a 12X24 that was built on site however it could be moved on a rollback from...
  7. decibel

Building new Shop - Contractors / Builders?

You guys have some nice shops. I believe it will be something close to Willem's shop. The wife wants a bonus room overtop so she can banish my home theater and electronics playroom there. Any suggestions for how to find framing crews to frame it out? When you guys sent your drawings to the...
  8. decibel

Building new Shop - Contractors / Builders?

So we're closing on a new house in the next month and we'll be building a new dedicated shop. Probably looking for something around 1500 - 1800 sqft. Looks like we have a couple routes to try either a builder to do a turnkey solution (more $$$ I'm sure) or try to find on our own. Anyone had...
  9. decibel

A great day in the shop.

Thanks Mike! I Had a great time and good eating too :)
  10. decibel

Woodpeckers or Bust?

I have a woodpecker one that is pampered but to use as a reference before I got a good combo square. If I had to choose I would go with a good combo square like the starrett or pec. I only used the woodpecker when I setup tools etc but I use the combo square for that now too so I rarely use...
  11. decibel

Festool OF 1400

12. decibel

Festool OF 1400

Enabler . Don't help me
  13. decibel

Festool OF 1400

Man if I didn't have one already... Somebody grab this before I rationalize buying another one!
  14. decibel

POSTPONED April 4 Sharpening Workshop

Thank you so much Mike. I learned a lot if you get the chance definitely recommend investing the time with Mike! Now I know sharp :). And got some great ideas for organizing my shop. Will be back again!
  15. decibel

Festool domino Charlotte $700

Not mine but if I didn't have one I wouldn't be posting https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/d/charlotte-festool-domino-df-500/7172102633.html
  16. decibel

Festool domino joiners

You can get the 700 to work on thinner stock using some accessories and even use the 500's cutters with an adaptor. So you could look it at as the 700 can do pretty much what the 500 does if you add the right accessories. With all that said most of my work falls in the realm of 500 and if I...
  17. decibel

Festool domino joiners

I would go for it if you can and want to. I fortunate enough to have both dominos and only used the 700 on a couple of projects bit wife wanted to buy me something.
  18. decibel

Worried too much about wasted wood?

Glad to see I'm not alone, here's a slight variation of it. I tend to get paralyzed constantly altering the project to fit what's in my scrap. So for instance I'm doing my roubo legs I need 4 1/2 wide. I could cut another piece from the 8 foot long 12/4 board I have or use a scrap piece...
  19. decibel

Worried too much about wasted wood?

Hey guys I have a hard time with my projects because I spend so much time trying to eek out every part out of the least amount of lumber possible. I am grabbing off cuts digging through scrap to prevent waste. Am I going too far l. I just feel guilty cutting up big boards when. I can find...
  20. decibel

SOLD - Powermatic 3520b lathe with outboard turning extension

You might consider posting it on AAW or one of the local wood turning clubs. I could asks the group at Southern Piedmont woodturners if you want to open it up to them.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors