1. wooduser

Greensboro Lunch - Tuesday 19th

I will not be able to come this month. Lecil
  2. wooduser

Greensboro Lunch Bunch

Sucks, I still can’t come. Lecil
  3. wooduser

Miter gauge - Recommendations

I like the basic incra and add the Rockler sliding fence that they just came out with recently. Lecil
  4. wooduser

Greensboro Lunch Bunch - Tuesday

Been waiting on this and I hope I don’t miss it. Lecil
  5. wooduser

Greensboro Lunch Bunch - It's Time!

I’m ready for the get together but I think there will be too much going on this month Lecil
  6. wooduser

Rolling Workbench - yes or no?

I know Rockler and Woodcraft have them but I am not sure about klingspor’s. Lecil
  7. wooduser

Rolling Workbench - yes or no?

I think I would use some of the casters that raise out of the way when you are using the bench.I know Rockler and Woodcraft have them but I am not sure about klingspor’s.
  8. wooduser

Happy Birthday Graywolf

Hay Richard I hope you had as good of a day as I did!
  9. wooduser

Hello from Daughter of a woodworking sculptor

I don’t know if I’m jealous or envious but I am certainly in awe of your father‘s talent and skill. I hope someone else in your family is carrying on with his heritage. Lecil
  10. wooduser

Contractor vs. Cabinet vs. Hybrid Saw

There is a LOT of very good info in this thread but I have to mention one other point I don’t think I saw (pun intended) and that is dust collection. You never know until you start using it but some models must do a better job than others. I was watching a you tube video on table saws and it was...
  11. wooduser

CL Winston Salem - Festool cordless track saw (SOLD)

Deleted by its author so it must be sold.
  12. wooduser

Bigger planer

I’ve had mt DW735 planner for maybe 12 years. I upgraded to the Shelix head about five years ago and that made a good planner much better. I’ve only tried boards over 8” or so very little but I always take a light cut. The breakers didn’t trip and I don’t have a way to measure the current draw...
  13. wooduser

Free - Molding Heads Cutting Set

I bought that set years ago and returned them after one use. VERY scary!! Lecil
  14. wooduser

Table Saw Question

Here is a you tube video on the laguna saws. I haven’t watched it but it may help. Lecil
  15. wooduser

Deck Weight Support

Another retired engineer with some more advice. What I am reading in all this is the following. I would be concerned about the joist hangers, what is their original load capacity, how are they installed and a visual inspection of them now for corrosion and dampness Is very much in order. With...
  16. wooduser

Greensboro Lunch Bunch !

Yep me too. You all stay safe in this environment. Lecil
  17. wooduser

Surge protector

This is the product I used. I didn’t realize it’s been 8 years since I installed them, time flies. I am not sure if it a clamping or surge type. Lecil
  18. wooduser

Surge protector

I put one in both of my incoming boxes several years ago. I purchased them from Amazon. So far, no issues with the installation and I haven’t experienced any problems with surges. I do not have much electrical experience. Lecil
  19. wooduser

Moisture meter recommendation

Ditto on the recommendation unless you have some special reasons. Lecil
  20. wooduser

Why aren’t pictures fully shown

I use an iPad to view, read and enjoy this forum. It is a great resource for any level of woodworking skill. The problem I am having is when I view the picture, whether an ad, article or just on a post, the first picture is almost always like the the example picture attached to this post...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors