Search results

1. TracyB

Toy Box plans

My grandsons 1st birthday is coming up and my daughter wants me to build him a toy box. Since I have limited woodworking knowledge and skill, I was wondering if anyone has built one or knows of any online plans. I saw a picture of one in the Rockler catalog that I like but there are no plans for...
  2. TracyB

red oak lumber

Does anyone know the best place to get some red oak lumber in the Hickory/ Lenoir area? I need good lumber at the lowest possible price. Work is slow and money is tight. I want to build a piece of furniture for my daughter that she designed herself. Its a kind of storage cabinet with drawers on...
  3. TracyB

outdoor finish

I built an outdoor table out of pressure treated pine. I was wondering what kind of finish to put on it to keep it looking good and prevent graying. I saw some General Finishes Outdoor oil at Klingspor. Does anyone know if theis is any good or should I use something else. Any thoughts or ideas...
  4. TracyB

Re-finish a baby crib

Hi everyone, My daughter is a mom-to-be for the first time and someone has given her a used baby crib that she wants me to refinish. I have never refinished anything in my life. The only finish I have ever applied is minwax stain and polyurethane. There are a couple deep gouges in the crib plus...
  5. TracyB

Gonna be a Grandpa!

Hey everyone, Hope Santa was good to you all! The good Lord has blessed me with a grandchild to be born in April. Looks like I need to get busy. I was thinking about building a crib, changing table, cradle, maybe a rocking horse, etc. If anyone has any ideas on plans for baby items, I would...
  6. TracyB

Dovetail Jigs??

I have never cut a dovetail in my life. I was thinking about getting a DT jig for just in case I ever want to. Problem is I know nothing about them. Some reviews I have read say not to get plastic templates(like Rockler) because they flex too much. I don't want to put a ton of money in one...
  7. TracyB

Table saw question

Hi everyone, I have a question about my table saw. Its a Craftsman cabinet saw with 30" Biesemeyer fence. (saw is built by Delta). Its fairly new.(2005). I noticed when the saw is slowing down, after the brake comes on, the blade has some wobble in it. I thought it was the blade, (cheap blade...
  8. TracyB

Thanks for the welcome

Hi Everyone, Thanks for welcoming me to NC woodworker. I am trying to find my way around here. I am new to woodworking, but I am enjoying it so far. I have only built a few things so far. It seems that I can't make enough time for everything. I am trying to figure out how to post pictures of...
  9. TracyB

trading post

Hello everyone, I am new to nc woodworker (first day). It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to post this. I was wondering if members are allowed to post items for sale on here. I have a few items I would like to sell or trade for something else. I am fairly new to woodworking and there are...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS