Search results

1. tsmart

Cypress or White Cedar Log

Saw a wood working show on UNC TV this weekend, and they were making a similar bird. I believe they were using Cypress exclusively. Cool craft. T.
  2. tsmart

Juniper lumber

Jack - nice to meet you, and I appreciate doing buisness with you. The Juniper will come in real handy!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum Get anymore - give me a hollar.:icon_thum T.
  3. tsmart

looking for someone who does refinishing.

Google Ted's Tinker Shop. He's not in Chapel Hill, but he does pick up, and deliver to about anywhere in NC. He's in Ferguson (Darby), NC - Wilkes County. He worked many yrs for a High End Furniture Manufacuter, and has had his own buisness full time for a good while now (he operated his...
  4. tsmart

Hall Tree Plans

Ahhh, Deacons Bench..... :icon_thum http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&rls=GGLR,GGLR:2006-24,GGLR:en&q=Deacons+Bench+Pics&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=03rsSaioCp6ltgf606SNBg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title Very similar to a hall tree. I've never seen one of them before (that...
  5. tsmart

Hall Tree Plans

Deacons Bench? Never heard that before, that;s intresting. We've always called 'em hall trees here... and if ya google "hall tree pics", that's where I got that pic from..... http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLR,GGLR:2006-24,GGLR:en&q=Hall+Tree+Pics T.
  6. tsmart

Hall Tree Plans

Cool pics! The one at Shatley Springs looked similar to this one.... Except it had a full lenghth mirror, and it was a lot wider. I was looking for something similar to that one, but my mom's had a round mirror (and round frame). Cool stuff... T.
  7. tsmart

Hall Tree Plans

While at Shatley Springs this past Sat..... (Mmmm, Mmmm).... I noticed a hall tree that was cool. We always had a hall tree at mom's house, well until she gave it to my older brother....:slap: I've always thought these were some of the coolest pc's of furniture, but you sure don't see them...
  8. tsmart

Adirondack Chairs and frustration!!

Sounds like you have about the same luck as I normally do - always something.:BangHead: We usually have a couple of these chairs for auction at our Ducks Unlimited banquet - and they do bring a good price. I had thought this weekend (kind of ironic) about trying to copy one of the chairs...
  9. tsmart

Check Out pensforcollege.com

You should see some high traffic today, as I posted it on several sites.:icon_thum Good luck, T.
  10. tsmart

Drill Guide Countersink

Galvanized 12 ga. Wire.. It'll look similar to this one.... Here's an OLD Ned Burgess frame (no support across the back)... Back in the hay day of Market Hunting.... the decoy makers would scroung what they could find to use. After hurricanes, they would go find parts of boats (juniper)...
  11. tsmart

Drill Guide Countersink

Getting closer.... Should look similar to this, when complete.....
  12. tsmart

Drill Guide Countersink

The Pocket Hole Jig is doing the trick. Thanks Guys! T.
  13. tsmart

Re: Please Check Out pensforcollege.com I figured it would be a little more.... the thread shows 40 views last I checked on DU. Good luck!! T.
  14. tsmart

Re: Please Check Out pensforcollege.com 2 guys and the DU site pm'ed me already - said they couldn't add to cart. I told them to try it Monday. :icon_thum Think it'll be up by Monday? T.
  15. tsmart

Re: Please Check Out pensforcollege.com Will do. Already posted it on the Ducks Unlimited site... but I'll hold off on the others. T.
  16. tsmart

Re: Please Check Out pensforcollege.com Cool pens. I'll post the link on some other forums I visit - in effort to help drive up sales.:icon_thum
  17. tsmart

Juniper lumber

Jack, I pm'ed ya back. :icon_thum T.
  18. tsmart

Juniper lumber

10-4. Reason I ask.... is I pittle w/ duck and goose decoys. I'm not a decoy carver, but aspire to make a few to hunt over - old school decoys, made in the traditional ways with tradition materials (Juniper). One decoy maker (Nick Sapone), had once told me that Juniper is best when cut in...
  19. tsmart

Juniper lumber

When y'all cut down your Juniper, was the stump dry? T.
  20. tsmart

Juniper lumber

I don't build boats, but I do have some intrest in the Juniper. What sizes is it cut into? T.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS