Search results

1. D

Need To Reroof

The shop is 20 x 14 block walls, original roof was tar and gravel. Before I moved here 10 years ago someone added a corrugated panel roof over top of 2 x 4s, there is a sag in the center and leaks sometimes. My question is can I remove the metal roof and increase slope to prevent leakage without...
  2. D

Motor needed?

:icon_scraI have just got a table saw, craftsman model # 113.298031. I was planning on fixing it up and when I got it and found out later that the guy before me had plugged it in and the motor smoked, although he said it ran except it hummed real loud and got hot just before it started to smoke...
  3. D

Just Starting to ScrollSaw...Advice Appreciated

The LOML has asked about taking up scroll sawing. As I have an OLD Dremel SS 1671 which works ok I guess with the original style blades (Pin Type). So where is a good place to start her learning to use the saw. I did show her the basics as to mounting the pattern to wood just not real sure as...
  4. D

Band Saw Blade? FIXED

I have a 10" craftsman band saw....(I know don't expect too much from this) model# 119.214000. When I bought it in '96 I was smart enough to buy the 3 blade pack of spare blades #929867 at the same time only I did not check them to see if they were correct. I was cleaning and decided it needed...
  5. D

Tree Removal Recommendations

I have did a search for Tree removal and was very helpful although 2009 was the latest post I am looking for other names as well in the Durham area. I am looking for to have some trees removed here near the home and shop....I know, I know, call a professional...that is what I am looking before...
  6. D

Installing a Dust Collector

I have a small shop where I do small stuff and some turnings on the lathe. My question is I have a dust collector from HF, I know it isn't the best but at the price I could not pass it up. I want to remove the motor and impeller assy and mount it to the block wall to allow room for the chip...
  7. D

Air Compressor Blew-up...Need Help

Where I work the air compressor blew. It is this compressor: http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=NAC82378VAT_0006400704# Looking at it in the center at the top where both cylinders are connected to what is called the aftercooler. It simply exploded (the aftercooler). It is...
  8. D

Will This be OK??

As we all know it is getting or should I say got cold. My question is would it be ok for me to use a 220 extension cord and replace the connector with a box and receptacle wired only to one side on the 220v and using common as the other side. That way I would have only 110 at the recept and...
  9. D

Identify These PEST PLEASE

the links below will only open for me when using IE for some reason. They are on a tree between mine and the neighbors property. Since the neighbor isan older person that is real nice and these need to GO. There are several trees they have not killed yet but they are busy. What is this? It is...
  10. D

Question about weight of chipped wood

I have been slowly trying to get a small shop together. A dust collector and shop air cleaner are in the shop waiting for install along with a small lumber rack also waiting to be finished. I have a question as to the weight of a trash can half or slightly over with chips and dust from the...
  11. D

Vintage Lot - Woodworking Planes, Clamps, etc...

Not mine but looks like might be of use to someone. Just thought someone might like these http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1244037829.html Reply to: sale-du5cq-1244037829@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Date: 2009-06-28, 3:56PM EDT Assorted old Miller's Falls Planes (and...
  12. D

Input Needed

I have looked at a BT3100-1 that looks like new and am wondering about should I buy it or not. I now have a 20+year old Shopcraft that I made a roll around stand for and this is nicer but is it worth $175? I don't use my current saw daily or even weekly at times but it is a pain to use because...
  13. D

Question on Piping

I am in the slow process of installing a dust collector as funds are available. The DC will be going in the corner inside for now and later in another room. There is one problem I am not sure about, I plan on using thin wall white 4" pipe w/the fewest amount of flex possible. So now to my...
  14. D

Poles Have Decay

At church there is a shelter for use when there is a need to be outside and covered. The parking lot is paved and the area under the shelter in finished concrete. When this shelter was built they used round poles maybe from the telephone or power company, the poles were set in the ground and...
  15. D

Advice Needed on Somethings

Ok first of all I acquired a dust collector today from CL, this one here as best I can match-up from HF; model number 97869-0VGA. As I have read here before using 4" pvc seems to be no problem with this type as long as no 90 degree elbows are used sloping turns only. I have a small shop only 13...
  16. D

Looking for Hinges

I am about to install some doors in the shop on too some shelves. There have never been doors there but with a little framing it should be no problem. I really want doors mainly to keep tools and things cleaner while at the same time hidden. We all know the rule out of site reduces temptation...
  17. D

RAL CL: Delta BOSS

It says it is a model sa150 but the picture shows different. If someone is looking it may be worth a call. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/996392985.html Good Luck
  18. D

New member saying hello to all

I am from Durham and enjoy working with my hands and fixing things. At the age of 57 I am trying to start a hobby in woodworking in a small shop here at home. Still trying to be sure that what I buy is what I need and not what I want. Currently have a 12" lathe, small table saw, 10" craftsman...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors