Search results

1. mlzettl

Double Sided Woodworking Tape

I have used the double sided tape sold by Taylor Toolworks (taytools.com). I believe it is made by IPG. I have used it for securing router templates, workpieces on the CNC machine, etc., and have been very happy with it. I have used various carpet tapes and other double sided tapes over the...
  2. mlzettl

For Sale: Stanley side rabbet planes, #98 and #99

I have a pair of Stanley side rabbets for sale. I purchased these over 30 yrs ago. They are not a "matched pair," with the #98 being obviously quite a bit older than the #99. Based upon the Stanley logo on the blade of the #98, I suspect it is from around 1910, give or take a few years. As can...
  3. mlzettl

What CNC’s do you all have, and what software are you using for CAD/CAM?

Shopbot 48 x 48 PRT Alpha. CAD/CAM - VCarve Pro, although I also use Sketchup for some designs, then export as a DXF file to VCarve.
  4. mlzettl

G&G inspired Sofa table

Nicely done, Mark. Your design in the style of Greene and Greene is very well done, followed by fine craftsmanship to execute your vision. That's certainly and heirloom piece.
  5. mlzettl

Breadboard Ends - how to?

I have made many breadboard ends over the years on Greene and Greene style pieces including dining tables, benches, sideboards, etc., so I have a lot of experience with this construction. All of the above noted methods, multiple dowels, stopped spline, dominoes, deep tongue and groove, et al...
  6. mlzettl

Table build

Beautiful job on the curly maple bookmatch for the top. I like the black trestle base as well. First class design and execution throughout, Dan. Thanks for posting all of the photos.
  7. mlzettl

Walnut Coffee Table project

Very nicely done.
  8. mlzettl

couple of stools

Those are just wonderful. The work is exceptional, both from a design standpoint as well as the craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing the photos.
  9. mlzettl

Finished table for my son

Great job, John. Definitely a family treasure.
  10. mlzettl

New bandsaw blade...send it back?

If the blade is not running true out of the box, then I would return it. It should not be your responsibility to attempt to make it run more smoothly. Once you start grinding, filing, sanding, or otherwise modifying it, you have no recourse, and your claim that it was faulty when you received it...
  11. mlzettl

Looking to buy rough cut hardwood near New Bern, NC

You can find both lumber and high grade sheet goods at Impulse Trading in Newport. They are a subsidiary of Veneer Tech, also in Newport, and formerly known as Atlantic Veneer in Beaufort. If you are interested in a wide selection of foreign lumber, including large slabs, etc., World Timber in...
  12. mlzettl

Finished walnut table

Impressive, Steve. Beautiful work.
  13. mlzettl

Naked chest of drawers

Beautiful work from design through build, Tim. The combination of creativity and craftsmanship is not easy to achieve. Well done. Matt
  14. mlzettl

Farewell to NC

Sorry to see you leaving Eastern NC, Richo, but best of luck in Knoxville. It is always exciting and inspiring to start a new chapter. Matt
  15. mlzettl

Hand Plane Till

That is not only beautiful, but functional as well. Fine work, and as others have mentioned, the planes are superb.
  16. mlzettl

Good News: Mahogany has been found

Parker is correct in his statement that true mahogany is from the Americas. Swietenia macrophylla, or Honduran mahogany, is the most commonly available species, but availability is dwindling. Perhaps the most desirable of the true mahoganies is Swietenia mahoganii, or Cuban mahogany. It is rare...
  17. mlzettl

Furniture style bath vanity

That's a beautiful piece of work, Charlie. Well thought out and executed.
  18. mlzettl

Kunz?

I remember Kunz tools from back in the '70's and '80's as well. I bought a couple of spoke shaves at a flea market, painted green. In fact, most of what I saw back then were spokeshaves, and maybe some smaller planes. They also made a #80 cabinet scraper I think. Looking at their website, the...
  19. mlzettl

Getting into Hand Tools

Becksvoort's work exemplifies simple elegance. His mastery of the Shaker style is legendary. Thanks for sharing that photo, Dave. Matt

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS