Search results

1. Mt. Gomer

"What's New?" Not working....

Hey Folks! I've been in the habit of using the "What's New" button to see new activity since the last time I was logged in. The last several times I've tried to use it it said "Sorry, there is no new content to view. You may search for content posted during the previous 24 hours, here". Any...
  2. Mt. Gomer

Two Free Turning Plans/Tutorials

Hey Folks, These free plans were included with the Woodworker's Journal eZine this month. Enjoy! Turning Lidded Boxes Lathe Steady Rest
  3. Mt. Gomer

Contractor Recommendations

Greetings everyone, I've got a friend here in Durham looking for a contractor to remodel/refresh her bathroom. Any suggestions? Thanks! Travis
  4. Mt. Gomer

Hurricane Irene

The kids are with their mom this weekend so my house in Durham will be mostly empty. I'm designating it as an official NCWW evacuation shelter for folks down east who want to get out of harm's way. My cousin's wife and two kids are likely coming up (He's a police officer in Greenville and will...
  5. Mt. Gomer

Hurricane Irene

The kids are with their mom this weekend so my house in Durham will be mostly empty. I'm designating it as an official NCWW evacuation shelter for folks down east who want to get out of harm's way. My cousin's wife and two kids are likely coming up (He's a police officer in Greenville and will...
  6. Mt. Gomer

Paint Sprayers

I've got a good deal of painting to do on my rental unit. Given the time frame I'm wondering if it would be wise to look at one of the consumer grade paint sprayers or powered rollers that are constantly being advertised. Can anyone offer any advice on these? Are they worth the money? Do...
  7. Mt. Gomer

Reported Post by Mt. Gomer

Mt. Gomer has reported a post. Reason: Post: TS Regs Considered by Product Safety Commission Forum: Safety & Health Assigned Moderators: McRabbet Posted by: CDPeters Original Content:
  8. Mt. Gomer

Wine Bottle Display

Does anyone have the general dimensions/angles/bit size for a wine bottle display like this one? http://compare.ebay.com/like/270580522495?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y I was thinking they'd make some quickly produced gifts. I could probably guestimate and...
  9. Mt. Gomer

45%-Off Microjig GRR-ripper GR-230LG

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_051011.htm Make sure you use the code MICRO1.... I finally bit the bullet and ordered 2, added the DVD for $10 as well as I've heard it's worth it. Travis
  10. Mt. Gomer

Bin Laden Thread

I deleted this thread: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38838 As much as I think most of us probably agree with the sentiment nothing good will come of it and it doesn't belong at NCWW... I'll IM the OP... Travis
  11. Mt. Gomer

Bunk Beds Complete!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!! They're finally done! As many of you know I started working on Bunk Beds for the kids just after New Year's. For those of you who didn't know, most of the WIP updates are in this thread. Life/work got in the way for a while and seriously cut into my shop time but I'm happy to...
  12. Mt. Gomer

Ridgid 18V LI Drill/Driver $99

This worked for me, heck of a price considering it also has Lifetime batteries via the LSA... Note the coupon code. http://bensbargains.net/deal/182674/ Travis
  13. Mt. Gomer

HF 20% coupon

Good for 5 days but these are generally matched by Lowes and HD... Note this is not a "single item" but "entire order".... Click Here Travis
  14. Mt. Gomer

PE Offer: Durham to Liberty via 85 and 49

I'll be heading from Durham to Liberty and back on Feb 19th for Mike's sharpening workshop. Currently I'm planning on taking 85 to the Burlington area then 49 down to Liberty however I could easily be talked into an alternate route if it doesn't tack on too much extra time. Either way I'll...
  15. Mt. Gomer

Poly Shelf Life

Does Poly have a shelf life? If so, what is it and how can you tell if it's no longer good. I've got most of a gallon of Minwax Satin that's been sitting on my shelf for years (probably 5ish) as I bought it for a large project and have used other finishes on smaller projects since... I'm...
  16. Mt. Gomer

Bunk Beds WIP - Build complete now on to finishing

Sooo, I have no idea why I didn't think of this before but I've discovered a wonderful new vacation destination: The Shop!!! I decided to take the week off so I could actually get down there and it's one of the better ideas I've had. I mentioned in another thread I was going to be building a...
  17. Mt. Gomer

McFeely's!!!

First: I LOVE McFeely's!!! Placed an order online yesterday at 3:15 PM and surprise, surprise, it's here today! I just took their default shipping option.... What a company!!! Second: The reason this is in the 'hot deals' forum. McFeely's has $1 Shipping through 12/17! Someone may...
  18. Mt. Gomer

Pine Bunk Beds

Greetings Folks, I'm going to be making a set of cheap and sturdy bunk beds for the kids using Matthais Wandel's design. What's the best way to prep and finish it? I want something kid proof, durable, and as no fuss as possible. My first inclination was to go satin or glossy poly but I'm...
  19. Mt. Gomer

Heater Deal @ Sams ?

I saw this at Sams on my last trip and thought real hard about tossing one in the cart for my basement shop. Figured I'd better ask around here to see if it really was a deal or not.... Might work pretty well for my purposes as I've got a basement shop that, while unheated, holds temps pretty...
  20. Mt. Gomer

Powermatic Giveaway

http://reg.taunton.com/webapps/power_it_up.html?source=W1184ENL Good Luck!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS