Search results

1. Woodchuck

Time to get back to work

Hey All, Haven't posted anything in some time. Took a break after carving all those Christmas things for the kids, grand kids and friends. I guess I had better get started again before I forget how. Just thought I would post one of my latest. He's carved out of basswood, naturally, and is 6"...
  2. Woodchuck

Great Deals on Books

Hey All, Just got this on email and thought some of you might be interested, Looks like some great buys on a lot of different topics. www.foxchapelpublishing.com/v-7-alans-attic-scratch-and-dent.aspx Chuck
  3. Woodchuck

Show In Hickory

I haven't posted in a while but would like to brag a little. I went to the Catawba Valley Woodcarvers Show in Hickory last weekend and did pretty good. The 2 Santa Ornaments won a 1st and a 2nd but somehow I did not get photos of them. Had a great time and met a lot of good people. Thanks for...
  4. Woodchuck

Parts Fit-Roscoe's Finished

Well I got all the parts together and dressed him up. He's about 8" tall overall. Thanks for looking. Chuck
  5. Woodchuck

Hope All These Parts Fit

Here's Roscoe, a WIP. First time I've tried to carve separate parts and fit them together. As you can see, it allows you place the head in different positions. The bust will be mounted on a stand attached to a base. Now I have to decide what color outfit he has on. Will post when completed...
  6. Woodchuck

Rusty-Trail Boss

Seems like I'm about the only one that ever post any carvings in this forum. Hope you don't get tired of seeing them. I know that there are other carvers out there. Sure would be nice to see other peoples work. Anyway, here's Old Rusty-Trail Boss, From his expression, he may have been in...
  7. Woodchuck

New Found Friend

I was in the shop the other day and tripped over a pine board that I had not placed back where it should have been. After recovering from my fall, I heard a voice saying " Help, let me out of here, Somebody get me out of here". I realized it was coming from the board I had tripped over. I...
  8. Woodchuck

WIP-Finished

I finally got around to finishing the project I started a few weeks back. He is 6" tall and carved from basswood with an acrylic wash finish. Thanks for looking and as always, comments and suggestions appreciated. Chuck
  9. Woodchuck

Wip

Hey All. Just started this carving this afternoon and am beginning to wonder if it will look like who I want it to. Maybe after a little more work and some paint. Let me know what you think and who you guess it will hopefully end up looking like. Thanks for looking, Chuck
  10. Woodchuck

D I Y

With the Feds raising the tax on a pack of cigarettes 62 cents today and not knowing how much our state will increase it, we decided that it would be cheaper to "Roll Our Own", a Do It Yourself project. Chuck
  11. Woodchuck

Just Curious??

How many of you attended the Klingspor's Carving Festival at the Woodworking Shop in Raleigh on Saturday. We had a lot of people there. Not really sure how many were spectators and how many were carvers. There were a lot of fine entries. If you weren't able to make it, you missed a good...
  12. Woodchuck

Grey Wolf

You never know who lives in the wood(s) around your house. Carved from basswood. 7" tall and finished with acrylic paints on mahogany base. Thanks for looking. Chuck
  13. Woodchuck

My "Pit Bull with Lip Stick"

Well, that's what it started out to be, but I'm afraid it just turned into another one of those Sarah Palin want-a-be's. Thanks for looking. Chuck
  14. Woodchuck

Mr. President

In honor of the day. I've done Obama, now Lincoln, WOW!!! Only 42 to go (or maybe not). Thanks for looking. Chuck Here's Mr. "O", as requested (previously posted),
  15. Woodchuck

A Few Mini's - Finished

Wad ya think? Thanks for looking. Chuck
  16. Woodchuck

Jacque-Trapper/Fur Trader

After the big snow fall we had in our area last week, Jacque showed up the ply his trade and pick up a few coins. Unfortunately, all he was able to trap was a couple of beaver and a bobcat, not a very profitable trip. Anyway, good friendship and great stories. Thanks for looking. Chuck
  17. Woodchuck

A Few Mini's

Here are a few of the Christmas ornaments I'm working on for next season. As you can tell they are "mini's" ranging from 4" to 6" tall. Will post photos when I get them painted. Thanks for looking. Chuck
  18. Woodchuck

Gandalf, The White

I was just surfing the internet and ran across a photo of this guy and thought he would be fun to carve. He is Garndalf, The White from the movie Lord of the Rings. This is my version of what he looks like. Thanks for looking and as always, comments and suggestions are appreciated. Chuck
  19. Woodchuck

I Got INSPIRED

After watching the events of yesterday-ALL DAY LONG- I got inspired. If you stand back about 8 feet and squint real hard you may be able to tell who it's supposed to be. My first try and probably my last. Thanks for looking. Chuck
  20. Woodchuck

Old Man Winter

Looks like I finished this guy just in time. 6" tall out of basswood. Everybody stay safe the next few days. Thanks for looking, Chuck

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors