Search results

1. B

Pony express request

Questioning the possibility of a PE from Raleigh to Mooresville or close. Any options?
  2. B

Editing gallery

Can't seem to find an option to edit / delete gallery pics with android tablet. Help please, thanks.
  3. B

Bosch saw recall

F Y I... Bosch recalls miter saws July 11, 2012 | The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation Robert Bosch Tool Corp., is recalling Bosch’s Miter SkilSaw, a 10-in. compound miter saw. The lower guard on the tool can break and contact the blade during use, posing a laceration...
  4. B

Edit a classified function turned on yet?

From what I've read the "edit" feature in classifieds is not on yet? Please edit the following ads to include a price please. Bosch Jigsaw kit, $75 Bosch Oscillating Multitool kit, $65 Woodsmith box joint jig, $45 Thanks.
  5. B

Tung oil separation

I usually mix by own oil blend finishes but have never used 100% Tung oil. Bought a bottle in December and it now appears to have separated into oil and a blob fatty substances. The bottle is kept it moderately heated space and inside a reasonably controlled temperature cabinet that is heated...
  6. B

New Kreg tool

Kreg is releasing a new tool tomorrow but some online retailers have already posted the info. http://www.thetoolstore.ca/view.asp?Kreg-Rip-Cut-Circular-Saw-Guide-KMA2675_13754 It is a new panel ripping tool. Just may solve a few wide panel cut issues and only $35.:tool: I will await the reviews.
  7. B

Hand Tool event this wkend - you attending?

Who is attending the Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event this weekend? If attending, which day? I hope to make it again this year but am struggling with leaving a teenager home alone unsupervised with a new license :eek:
  8. B

Shop addition updates - WARNING,pic heavy

It has been a while since I've posted shop build updates with the holidays, etc. but here goes. Used holiday visitor labor to relocate heavy stuff. Thanks again to Greg Bender who stopped by at an opportune time! Built a wood storage rack this weekend - mostly for sheet goods. View image in...
  9. B

Rub-A-Dub in a wooden tub?

Still looking for a unique gift for that someone special? You could whip out a wooden bathtub before Christmas, or for the sum of $34,000.00 have it delivered!!:nah: View image in gallery View image in gallery There’s a natural attraction to a wooden soaker that’s peaceful and serene...
  10. B

Create folders in gallery

I can't seem to locate a help topic. How do I create a folder within an existing gallery and relocate pic files to the folders?
  11. B

Insulating a metal roof?

Need advice on the best type of insulation for a metal roof shop. Is there something between batted fiberglass home center insulation and the industrial building variety? Rafters are 2x6 topped by 1x4 perlins then sheeted metal roofing. With batted fiberglass I'm limited to R-19 which is 6...
  12. B

Shop expansion started

Finally getting started on the shop expansion this week, hope the weather holds. Long story but since I live in the Historic District my options were limited by the zoning authorities. Size kept being whittled down so I have ended up with a 16x20 addition to the existing 12x30 building. The same...
  13. B

New Bandsaw

Thanks to Mark (Tarhead) I was able to pick this up on Saturday.:tool: Laguna HD 16 in great shape. :icon_thum Now just have to get the shop enlarged to have room! Thanks again Mark! http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=58523&ppuser=2851
  14. B

Lie-Nielsen #2 Bronze plane on CL

Looks like a deal for someone in the triangle... Lie-Nielsen bronze bench plane - $100 (Carrboro) Date: 2011-06-16, 1:06PM EDT Reply to: sale-r6bxc-2444166558@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] No. 2 Bench Plane, bronze 7½" (19.1cm) long with a 1-5/8" (4.13cm) x .125" (3.17mm)...
  15. B

Finishing Workshop w/ Greg Paolini at The Woodworking Source

Attended a great finishing workshop with Gregory Paolini at The Woodworking Source in Mooresville Saturday! There were around a dozen attendees and we covered the majority of the concerns of the group from "looking for that one miracle finish", to dyes and color matching. Rick provided lots of...
  16. B

5 HP Cyclone on Charlotte CL

Not mine... http://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/2374851254.html Dust Collector for the ultimate home workshop - $450 (Matthews, NC) Date: 2011-05-11, 11:59AM EDT Reply to: sale-652fz-2374851254@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] The ultimate home workshop Dust Collector...
  17. B

Rubber membrane under wood floor

Anyone ever use a commercial rubber membrane underneath a wood shop floor? This is generally used under gravel flat roofs on commercial buildings but seems like a good shock absorber if stiff enough for shop flooring? Saw some contractor leftovers being sold so the price is better than new.
  18. B

Grizzly 8" jointer, 15" planer and TS for sale

Not mine... I'm surprised this has not been posted, if I missed it I apologize. Steve has several Grizzly tools for sale on Charlotte Craig's list. He mentioned selling the drill press already but I believe these are still available. Apr 6 - Grizzly G1021Z 15-inch Planer with Cabinet Stand -...
  19. B

Plane house

I needed a fast project a couple of weekends back so found this plane birdhouse. This was a magazine project a few months back and is a fun quickie project. It makes me smile when I see it because it is so BIG. :gar-La; I changed the plan slightly on the second one to get the end grain off the...
  20. B

Hearing protection advice

I'm looking for a way to preserve what hearing I have left. A site search showed no recent threads so "hear" goes... Need good comfortable ear protection without radio or digital device connections. I only wear them short-term as I start up the noisy power tools and remove immediately...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors