Search results

1. Drew

LLC in NC Questions

Disregarded entity just means you are taxed as an individual. The IRS ignores the LLC for tax purpose. As a CPA, who doesn’t practice, I suggest you ignore Zen Business.
  2. Drew

Festool - Yearly price increase?

I think you are probably correct. Festool is a premium product and is priced accordingly. Competing products might limit their ability to increase prices as much.
  3. Drew

Festool - Yearly price increase?

Supply and demand. People want Festool dominoes, so they continue to raise the price. When people stop wanting them, or wanting them as much, the price will come down, or not increase as quickly. I expect a Markita or Dewalt version might help with this scenario (A craftsman? Kobalt??)...
  4. Drew

New table saw advice

With all due respect, I disagree with the advice above that says, basically, to double your budget and buy a bigger, better saw with more bells and whistle. Buy one of the lower priced entry level saws you’re looking at and build stuff with it, enjoying yourself all the while. Then, when...
  5. Drew

Anyone want to buy some cherry for $50 per bf?

I see it a bit differently. If you are a busy professional who is having an expensive custom home built you don’t know or care about board feet prices. You just see a mantle your wife likes and $1,800 is a small cost in the scheme of things. Plus, if you are working with someone who charges...
  6. Drew

Right place to buy hardwood flooring

I helped my Dad put down Bruce prefinished oak 3/4 in. hardwood flooring purchased from HD. Used same brand (different color) flooring in my in laws house. They bought from Lowe’s. Price was very reasonable each time (~$3/sq ft.) but probably has increased due to inflation. Used a rented...
  7. Drew

Propane

Our neighbor paid $2.21/gallon here in Raleigh last week, and we were over $2 a month ago. We’re supposed to have natural gas available in the Spring. I can’t wait!
  8. Drew

New spoon rack

I really like how you integrated the subtle curve on the right edge of the board.
  9. Drew

What is the best Lithium-ion hand tool brand?

If you take them out of the tool but leave them in the inverter, it still eats the battery. I take the battery off the inverter (often leaving the inverter in the drill) and that resolved my issues. YRMV
  10. Drew

What is the best Lithium-ion hand tool brand?

I have the DeWalt battery conversion kit. Changes in balance and weight of the kit on my drill, impact driver, and flashlight haven’t been noticeable. I haven’t tried it in my jig saw. I thought that would be a bigger issue but it hasn’t been. Big thing to note is you need to remove the...
  11. Drew

New Bosch 12 inch Combination Saw

I could only find it for sale in Europe. $550. Cool idea.
  12. Drew

Interesting auction purchase

Complaining about the younger generation really helps this site attract new members and grow the hobby. Has anyone considered that having one person responsible for half the sales of the company was potentially a problem?
  13. Drew

Buying a bandsaw

Charles-H, buy a Grizzly and get to making saw dust. It should last you awhile and be a good value. Don’t overthink it, the point is to have fun working with wood!
  14. Drew

Cool shop for somebody

I’d like it to donate to the HVAC Program at Central Carolina Community College. I’ll buy the tickets.
  15. Drew

Need Research Help

Nc dept of commerce, you can search by region and there is bound to be a category for this
  16. Drew

Screwing and Gluing Joints

Clearly this is a reason (excuse) to buy more clamps!
  17. Drew

Clamps on FB Marketplace

I also don’t see the issue. The seller makes some money (and certainly puts in some effort) and willing buyers get clamps at a reasonable price. How exactly is anyone harmed?
  18. Drew

5/4 Cedar

Mike, Most of the rough cut wood or wood intended for woodworking i’ve encountered is true to size, so a 5/4 board is really 1.25 inches thick. Construction grade lumber and most everything sold at the borgs is measured as you described. That’s one of many reasons woodworkers seem to...
  19. Drew

Propane for hot water and a fireplace insert

We have a 500 gallon in ground propane tank that heats the house, powers the range, and feeds the Rianni tankless water heater. If you decide not to own your own tank, price and service are huge. We started with Amerigas and they were very difficult to deal with and expensive. We switched...
  20. Drew

Spicing It Up

Function over form. I see that it’s called “desk mic stand” but i’m still unsure how you’ll use this.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors