Search results

1. M

How get rid of sawdust?

I don't live in the city limits, so garbage collection/disposal is on me. I take my bagged chips to the local trash collection facility and dump the bag into the yard waste bin with the other yard waste. Since I'm cheap I reuse the bags.
  2. M

Finishing cypress.

Penetrating oil stain for the stained part and marine paint for the painted parts. Lowes sells marine paint in quart cans. I used some for some yard signs and it has held up well. Oil stain is the type used for decks.
  3. M

My new workshop

I would be in hog heaven with that much real estate to make sawdust in. Congratulations
  4. M

Dewalt Plunge Router DW616 complaints

I have that same router combo-and I agree the dust collection is lacking. With 2 different vacs. Thinking about selling all and go with a router designed with real dust collection in mind-Festool.
  5. M

3 1/4 hp router options?

Check the Woodpeckers site. They have a 3 1/2 horse router motor specifically for a router table in a lift. I have the PC big horse in my router and hope it never gives up the ghost.
  6. M

New design Table saw power feeder

Saw the YouTube video yesterday; thought is was a novel idea and immediately thought of a shaper application. But the design of a shaper fence would prevent it from working there. And it looks like it would be pricey.
  7. M

Finish on Cypress shower bench

Consider using a clear finish used for wooden boats. Total Boat Epoxy or West Systems.
  8. M

Router collet extention

Had a tool dealer talk me out of purchasing one. That should tell you something. Explanation was the difficulty of getting the attachment centered properly so you could eliminate run-out.
  9. M

New user here

Welcome from Winterville. Good looking projects.
  10. M

Advice on an iron table saw table

I used WD-40 and some Maroon Scotch Bride pads to clean the rusted column of a drill press. Worked great. Be sure to wax immediately after rust removal or it will start rusting immediately.
  11. M

Painting OBS

The location may have something to do with the bleed-through, possibly moisture related. I used 1/4" OSB on my shop walls and painted with one coat of primer and one coat of finish paint. Other than dust it has held up well.
  12. M

Planer snipe problem

Is there a way to lock the cutter head after setting the height? Try making lighter passes-these bench top planers are not designed to take huge bites of wood in a single pass.
  13. M

Rockler Material Mate

Thanks Charles. I don't have a grasp on this photo-attachment thing yet.
  14. M

Rockler Material Mate

I have a Rockler Material Mate Panel Cart and Shop Stand I no longer have a use for. The catalog price is 250-300; I am asking $100.00. Call or text. Two 5 Two 5 Six 5 Two 7 Five 7.
  15. M

Woodpeckers Hole boring jig follow up

Looks great. I got the 20 millimeter jig so I could use the Festool accessories. My first table was made using some el-cheapo plywood from the big blue store and a straight bit. I have since purchased a spiral uncut bit and will be making it on some MDF so I can be like the big boys at Festool...
  16. M

African-American woodworkers

I am proud of this forum for this undertaking. There are not many of us of color with sawdust in our veins. Keep up the great work.
  17. M

Horizontal Jointer Anyone?

I have seen some YouTube videos from some Asian woodworkers using a jointer with a vertical cutter head mounted on the edge of the table. Would be nice to joint a face and edge at the same time. But I don't think OSHA would like an unguarded cutter head poking out of the edge of a jointer.
  18. M

Shaper question

I am looking at your plan from a safety standpoint. Not sure if I would trust a longer bolt to secure a cutter head that is higher than the top of the spindle. My Hammer shaper has a 100 mm spindle height (4") below the top spacer. Try posting your question over on the Sawmill Creek site. There...
  19. M

Mobile base for Laguna 18-36 lathe

Yes still available. It is the Deluxe system made for the Laguna 18-36 lathe. I am in Winterville outside of Greenville. Text for pick-up date and time. Thanks.
  20. M

Mobile base for Laguna 18-36 lathe

Selling a mobile base for the Laguna 18-36 lathe. Going in a different direction for mobility so selling. Includes owners/assembly manual. Asking $200.00. Two 5 Two-five 6 five-two 7 five 7

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS