Search results

1. NCTurner

A helping hand-Plywood cuts

I was wondering if anyone in the Ral/Cary area might help me out. I need a few clean cuts (5ish) across two sheets of 3/4” plywood. Happy to pay for your time and help with this, I’m just not equipped to handle this atm. Cut list Rip 1 in half at 24” Rip 1 @ 17” Crossscut the three pieces to 67.5”
  2. NCTurner

CL Oneway 1224 Package Newport News VA

Oneway 1224 Wood Lathe w/Accessories Oneway 1224 Wood Lathe w/Accessories - tools - by owner - sale Oneway 1224 Wood Lathe in pristine condition. Includes all Oneway 1224 standard package equipment plus the following: 6" Tool Rest Vari-Grind Tool Sharpening Guide Tool Bowl Steady Spindle...
  3. NCTurner

Pending-Free solid oak Old style TV Cabinet

Anyone in the Ral/Cary area interested in a free solid oak(I believe maybe Amish made) TV Cabinet. Tear it apart, reuse the wood, rework it into something else? Idk. I hate to just run it over to the local thrift store… Approx 41.5”w 54”T 24”D
  4. NCTurner

Klingspor CS rocks!

The folks over at KS in Apex are awesome! Huge thanks for them helping me figure out a workaround for my being a dummy today! Left the store a slightly embarrassed(my own) but happy customer with my required items in hand!! Top notch!! Thanks!!
  5. NCTurner

Ral/Cary Not DIY-Recommend Small Job(Security Light) Electrician

Hey y’all looking for an electrician referral for someone to come out and do a small job. I have a second story security light that seems to be shot. I know it’s an easy swap, but I DON’T do ladders over about 10’. So who do you know, that I need to know, that would come out and swap this...
  6. NCTurner

Free Sweeping Compund

This is the better part of (I believe a 50lb) bag of sweeping compound. Free in Ral/Cary area till 9/5 then it’s off to the dump. Let me know if interested, can meet around Fairgrounds, Bass Pro, or Cary HF. This is free, forgot to mention that important tidbit.
  7. NCTurner

Tired of hitting roots with your mower?

Check out this trick! Short version, use your angle grinder on them.
  8. NCTurner

Grading question...”sloping property home”

So my home is slightly built into a hillside/sloping property. We have a large deck off the rear of the house, and the grade underneath is inclined also. My question is can I safely dig this out and grade it flat? Do I need to worry about water seepage getting into my garage if I do? See pic and...
  9. NCTurner

Campbell Hausfeld tools @ WalMart

Visited the local WM today and noticed they are clearing out a bunch of CH tooling. Everything was marked down compressors, air tools, and welding gear. This: Campbell Hausfeld 115 Volt Stick Welder with Welding Kit (WS099098AV) was down to $74 for anyone that might be interested.
  10. NCTurner

It’s that time of year again...

Careful in your outside wood piles, the snakes are bedding in and moving slow. Found this little guy outside while cleaning up today...
  11. NCTurner

Code Question Exterior Stair railing

I about to redo some railing on my exterior stairs leading up to my 2nd level front door, I’ll just be replacing the verticals inside the frame. I seem to recall that there is a spacing minimum to meet code, am I correct? 4” is the number in my head for some reason...... Wake County
  12. NCTurner

Craftsman 224pc set

These are running $99 at some stores, ymmv! Craftsman 224pc $99
  13. NCTurner

Lowes via Kroger 10% off $300

Kroger eGift Card
  14. NCTurner

Slick deals/ Lowe’s possible $89 Hitachi Router

Slick Deals/Lowe’s $89 Hitachi Plunge router
  15. NCTurner

So cool...Wooden door knob

Door Knob I have seen this before, and always watch in amazement. I stumbled on it again this morning, and thought I’d pass it along. Enjoy.
  16. NCTurner

Lowes Savings Deal 15% Exp 2/29

EXPIRES 2/29 Thought some of y’all might get some mileage out of this deal. This is a Dollar General deal for Lowes gift cards. You have to make a dollar general account, then go to their digital coupon area and clip the 15% coupon. Head to DG, and buy a Lowes GC, and save yourself 15%. Lowes...
  17. NCTurner

Video-Stupid Easy Floating Shelves 2 ways

Cut Board Pocket Holes Both are great designs for single board setups, no need for cleats or metal brackets. Mind you this is not master woodworking.
  18. NCTurner

Tick Stick

I bet some of y’all with some mileage have seen this before, but it was a first for me! Very nifty!! Tick Stick Video
  19. NCTurner

Amazon Clarke Bros spoon knife $5.22

I don’t know anything about this night but it seems like a great price. Link
  20. NCTurner

Recommend Plumber Cary Area

So I was having an issue with my well pressure the other day, got under the house only to find out the cold water pressure tank is shot. Can anyone offer a good recommendation for a plumber to come out and change it out? I could probably knock it out myself as it doesn't look to terribly...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS