Search results

1. dpsnyder

Large burl ideas

That would be a massive bowl with all of it. I have to research best ways to cut it up.
  2. dpsnyder

Large burl ideas

I have had this large burl growing on my property and we just sold out house, so it was time to harvest it. It is massive and weighs about 200 lbs! I think it's cherry, not sure. Any ideas on what to do with it?
  3. dpsnyder

Miter saws for use close to a wall

Ha, festool is definitely out of my price range! I do want to retire someday :)
  4. dpsnyder

Miter saws for use close to a wall

Have a new dewalt 12" dual bevel sliding and it is a beast, but sticks out from wall on bench further than I want as the rails extend beyond. Anyone used the Makita side slide miter saw? Benefit is it sits a lot closer to wall on a shop work bench. 12" dual bevel. Seems like with compressed...
  5. dpsnyder

Why can't you buy / why don't they make.....

Have you checked YouTube for diy ideas to build a belt sander. Some great builds that could likely be adapted to a wider Klingspor belt. Matthias Wandel - Someone else built a unit for their lathe,, ingenius - Now to add an oscillating feature to it. :) Wait maybe modify this diy...
  6. dpsnyder

Tool auction ends tonight

Darn, missed it. And in my vavkyard practice all.
  7. dpsnyder

Froglips aka Jim Campbell

All, Last call for anyone who has any remembrances, stories, or quips they want to share for Jim. I am going to copy all of these entries in a document to give to Ashley to give to their son, Parker, when he is older. Just wanted to share a bit of his dad with him when he is older so he knows...
  8. dpsnyder

Froglips aka Jim Campbell

I understand many in this list were not aware, so wanted to post this with his family's blessing... Jim, age 49, passed away on Feb 18, 2020 after a battle against oral cancer. Many will remember Jim as one of the earlier administrators on this site. I met him through NCWW on one of the shop...
  9. dpsnyder

Hand planes for sale. **SOLD**

Here are more detailed pics of 3 of the planes.
  10. dpsnyder

Froglips shopsmith for sale. **Sold**

Not looking to repair it, just help by getting rid of it. $400 would be fine. Thanks all for the thoughts and ideas on price. Won't be greedy, just want to get it gone, but do right for her as well. Dan
  11. dpsnyder

Thank you Pop! Now to find a buyer, or else it goes to auction I am afraid.
  12. dpsnyder

Hand planes for sale. **SOLD**

More from Jim Campbell's (Froglips) collection. He has a variety of hand planed in various stages of repair and use. He was forever buying things at auctions :) Attached are some pics, if interested let me know and what price is reasonable. Ashley and Parker, his son, will appreciate it...
  13. dpsnyder

Some of you may remember Jim Campbell, aka Froglips, on this site from past years. He passed away early last year and I am helping his family getting rid of what's left of his tools. He has a Mark V ShopSmith with a lot of parts. Probably needs some shining up so not sure what it's worth...
  14. dpsnyder

Shop Electric Layout question

Thanks all. I think I will add a couple of ceiling outlets. The ceilings are all 7'3" with open joists. I am not enclosing because it would seem a lot more closed in with a 7'3" ceiling. At least this way I have the add'l headroom between the joists. Maybe I can build a custom air cleaner...
  15. dpsnyder

Shop Electric Layout question

I am re-doing the wiring in my shop (about 20'x28') here is what I was thinking for a wiring layout - all 20A circults for outlets. don't know if this JPG is legible. 3-4 outlets max/circuit, mostly quad boxes with 2 circuits in the box along the benches. (lights all separate on 2 15A circuits)...
  16. shop electric layout

shop electric layout

proposed shop electric layout
  17. child's play kitchen set

child's play kitchen set

18. child's play kitchen set

child's play kitchen set

19. dpsnyder

Thick walnut needed

just saw this on Greensboro craiglist - posting was still there as of this message - 4" thick Black Walnut Lumber - $180 (Bassett, VA)4" thick Black Walnut Slab This would be great to cut into lumber, or to use for fireplace mantles 12 feet long x 9 inches wide x 4 inches thick I am selling for...
  20. dpsnyder

Flooring Nailer Re-visited

for bamboo they recommended using staples. They said nails tended to split the tongues off sometimes. To be honest, I didn't look at Lowes and probably should have, you also get 5% off with the Lowes Card. LL had 3 levels of bamboo - new growth - cheapest, but had a lot of negative reviews on...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS