Search results

1. G_ville_worker

Rigid 3650 Fence Alignment tips

I've been fusing with getting this fence square. Do you guys have any tricks that have helped you? Do you loosen the screws lock it down and nudge it then tighten while locked down? Adjust it not locked down? How tight do you adjust the bolt at the end of the fence? It seems I can get it...
  2. G_ville_worker

Jointer help

Hi all, I just purchased a jet spiral head (for a good deal, gloat) for my jet jointer. I pulled every thing off to swap it out but have run into a snag. How do I get the bearing housing and bearings off of the old knife head? They don't appear to be held on the rods on both sides of the head...
  3. G_ville_worker

Anyone use Veritas Beading Tool?

Saw this and thought it looked like a good idea. Anyone use one. I first saw this but at $522.00 for the starter kit or $5,223.05 for the full kit its a little out of my range. :rotflm: Seems like they both accomplish roughly the same thing.
  4. G_ville_worker

Cross Cut Sleds

I've been looking at several crosscut sleds with the miter fences. It seems that a lot of pictures always show the sled to the left of blade. Dubby, Rockler, etc. It would seem to me that you would want one on the right side of the blade so you can bring the blade to 45 degrees. If it was on...
  5. G_ville_worker

Calico Hardwood

Stopped by and got some wood from John Baker of Calico hardwoods. He's just south of Chicod outside of Greenville. I picked up 40 bf of silver maple and 40 bf of red maple. Nice guy. Offers up his planners and drum sanders if you need them at no charge. Even offered the drum sander if I...
  6. G_ville_worker

It really did happen!

In my "who we are thread" I talked about how I got into woodworking recently to build furniture for my new daughters room. But as the unwritten rule goes around here "where are the pics? It didn't happen if there ain't no pics". :cool: Here they are. A dresser, night stand, book shelf, and...
  7. G_ville_worker

Sorry, this is a little late

This is a little past do since I've been a member for a couple of months. I'm a new woodworker in Greenville NC. I discovered this site when I rediscovered woodworking this summer. My wife and I had our first child in August. (Why sometimes I'm logged in at crazy times at night. Fun to see...
  8. G_ville_worker

Where to buy glass for projects in Eastern NC

Hi guys, I'm looking for a place to buy glass for picture frames. This weekend we had some portraits done of our 3 month old daughter. Grandparents will be getting these as gifts this Christmas. I have some walnut and maple that is begging to be used. I made a walnut frame yesterday as a...
  9. G_ville_worker

They're Back!

At least in Greenville. Stopped by Big Lots today and picked up 7 more Stanley/Baily Bessy clones. Four 48", two 60", and one 18". They had several 60" left. Good luck.
  10. G_ville_worker

Bar construction

So I have been happily collecting some wood to build a bar in my future man room. I have some spalted maple I want to use for the top trimmed out in walnut. Between baby feedings I have been going over it in my mind. I am doing some research online and come across another site where they are...
  11. G_ville_worker

Do you really use 12" resaw?

Hi, Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm looking to make a band saw purchase soon. I was wondering, those of you who use your band saws regularly, how often do you really need 12" of resaw? Is a 14" saw with a riser going to work well? I've seen some discussion about not really...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS