Search results

1. BobN

Magnolia

Went down to Ed D.'s yesterday and picked up the magnolia that he had. I have a lot more than I will ever used, so if anyone wants some send me a PM and come pick it up. It is cut into lenghts of about 18 - 24 inches and they are 12 - 15 inches in diameter. I'm in Cary. Bob
  2. BobN

Oak Desk

Here are some pictures of an Oak desk that I'm working on. Building it for a lady up in Oxford. Tried to get her to go with Walnut or Cherry, but she wanted Oak. This would have really been nice made out of Walnut. Anyway it is big, 29" X 70". It's going to have a structure on the back of...
  3. BobN

Wanted-Red Oak Plywood

I need 2 sheets of 1/4" Red Oak Plywood, Plain Sliced, Good both sides. I have not been able to find any and have not been able to find anyone that would order it for me. Bob
  4. BobN

CMT 3D Router Carver System

Has anyone used the CMT 3D Router Carver System? If so, how do you like it? Is it worth the money? Would you buy it again? I'm thinking about getting it, but it seems that the number of templates is very limited, unless you can create your own. Just looking for someone that knows a little...
  5. BobN

Miter saw

Looking for opinions on a 12 inch compound miter saw. I currently have a Delta with the dual lasers, I love the dual lasers but the saw is a pain in the a** to align and once it is aligned it doesn't take much to knock it out. Before the the Delta I had a Dewalt 705, it was OK as long as...
  6. BobN

Book Ends

Here's a couple pictures of some book ends I made for the wife. Actually I made 8 sets of them for her to give to her freinds for Christmas presents. They are Walnut with a brass plate on the bottom so that the weight of the books won't push them over. This is the brass I was asking about...
  7. BobN

Brass

I need some 14 gauge brass for a project I am working on. Anyone know where I can get some. Bob
  8. BobN

Eastern Elm

Saw the following ad in the Cary paper. I don't know anything about it, just putting it here for anyone that might be interested. " WOODTURNERS, lavish red-grained Eastern Elm, raw wood lengths, various sizes. Best offer. Call 919-929-9702." That's exactly as the ad appeared in the paper...
  9. BobN

Jesada router bits

Does anyone know if this company is still in business. I had heard that they went belly up as a result of a negative review in Fine Woodworking about 5 or 6 years ago. I see that Amazon still list their bits, but they are all mark currently unavailable. The only company on the net that I...
  10. BobN

CAD program for woodworking

Anybody using CAD for their woodworking designs? I've been thinking about going to a CAD program for design, it would be more professional then my crude hand drawings that I now use. A couple years ago I downloaded one that had a free six week used or something like that and after the time...
  11. BobN

New guy

Hi, my name is Bob and I'm a woodworker. I'm 62 years old and retired, but I'm looking for a part time job to give me a little extra spending money. I have been woodworking for as long as I can remember, when I was a kid I would borrow my Dad's tools and try to make things out of wood. My...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS