Search results

1. John Reeves

How would you repair this seat?

Please let us see the results.
  2. John Reeves

You seem to be headed in a good direction. The oak will add the cross grain support. Looks like the oak is thick enough to handle any movement of the seat. I am talking about expansion from change in ambient humidity. Use epoxy on the crack. Use TB or any other proper wood adhesive you would...
  3. John Reeves

So let’s call this a design failure. The repurposing of the seat was a good idea but it does need some support across the grain.
  4. John Reeves

Free - New home needed for old RO sanders

Not selling them. This is a give away. I am in Durham.
  5. John Reeves

Depending on the quality of the chair, it should not have broken. May be another issue affecting it.
  6. John Reeves

I should have put this in FOR SALE?
  7. John Reeves

I have three older sanders that are in search of a new home. Two Porter Cable 5" and a Bosh finish sander. The porter Cable sanders need a new pad. The Bosh needs a hole punch for the dust collection holes.
  8. John Reeves

Old Member coming back in. Reeves Ridge Craftsmen

There were about 300 members when I joined. Steve Coles was active. Tom (Tool) Ferrone still had his "eye ball" as his avatar and was the manager at the old Woodcraft store. I really found my self enthralled by the restoration and curation of antique furniture. For the past 30 years, I have...
  9. John Reeves

It is very important to make sure you know why it split in the first place and make sure you have addresses that issue. A good repair can negated if it splits again. The old glue may have sealed the wood making it hard for anything to penetrate into the wood fibers. Heat and a soft wire brush...
  10. John Reeves

Used Machinery,where?

Also JGmachinery.com in Sanford.
  11. John Reeves

veneer repair?

Hi Robert, Please take a look at my site, reevesridgecraftsmen.com Thanks John Reeves
  12. John Reeves

Learning question

Thank you Willem.
  13. John Reeves

Learning question

Willem, That could easily be my problem. John
  14. John Reeves

Learning question

All of the species you have collectively mentioned are much harder than the ceder I am using.
  15. John Reeves

Learning question

I am new to turning and have produced 20 or so spindles with success. I am trying out face turning and experimenting on scraps. My first scrap is ceder but the soft wood and plethora of knots are problematic, it seems. Am I just complaining or should I try to experiment of a species that has...
  16. John Reeves

Hello Again

Many thanks guys. Dennis, Do you smile or are your trying to look fearsome?
  17. John Reeves

Hello Again

Thanks Tom. Good to be back. I have missed a great group of people. I hope that you ane your family are doing well.
  18. John Reeves

Hello Again

It has been a while since I visied the site. I hope all of my old friends are doing well and I look forward to meeting new ones. John Reeves
  19. Black Walnut Vanity

Black Walnut Vanity

Black Walnut Vanity frame and panel carcass, walnut burl veneer panels.
  20. John Reeves

Center for Furniture Craftsmanship

Hi there Roger, It has been a while. I hope you are well. Camden is a beautiful place. I tried to eat all of the seafood in town but I failed. I tried to drink all of the gin in town and I failed at that as well. BUT, you know, I just do not feel like a failure at this point. John

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors