Search results

1. Mark Stewart

burl pricing.

I have a chunk of weeping cherry burl and someone wants to buy it but I dont know how to price it? any guidelines I should follow?
  2. Mark Stewart

Bow making

A few years back during a gathering at Mike Davis place someone who was there was making wooden bows. Trying to remember who that might have been. If anyone remembers please let me know. Thanks
  3. Mark Stewart

New milestone for my wood working.

Today for the first time I used a block plane. I am getting ready to start this violo case, I had my block glued up and was going to a friends to use his jointer to square up the bottom. He was called out of town on business for a few weeks, and I remembered I had picked up a hand plane off the...
  4. Mark Stewart

Start of my next project

I'm finally getting to start to make a viola case. No don't play, going to use it for a gun case. My plan is to go to see Sawman101 and stack cut some spruce to make my curved sections, then join them with some more spruce. For the top and bottom I have some things plywood. I hope to cover it...
  5. Mark Stewart

Project question

I am building a stand for some one to hold steel targets. It will be a very simple design, two inverted t's with a stretcher across the top and some angled braces. My question is if my up right leg is 24" how long should the bottom leg be? Thanks
  6. Mark Stewart

Paper backed veneer

looking for guidance on applying paper backed veneer. Any helpful hints welcome. Thanks
  7. Mark Stewart

Bandsaw help near Spruce Pine.

Is there anyone who lives near me with a band saw willing to do a bit of cutting to help me with a project?. I have finally gotten started on a violin case of sorts but need some band saw help. Thanks
  8. Mark Stewart

Finally something to share

Been a bit lax of late. Working all the time. Picked up a shooting hobby, decided to start reloading and needed a bench. Tobuy one was $100.00, so i madr this. Its no show room piece, but I'm happy with it. Total cost $45.00 for wood and screws had the stain already as well as the poly. Only...
  9. Mark Stewart

shop stool build help

I need to build a stool for my shop, Thinking about using 2x4 for the build. but I am new to this type of thing. I need to figure out the angles for my legs. Stools probably gonna be 28" just a basic squat kind of thing. This is as far as I have gotten.
  10. Mark Stewart

Spring Hope to the Klingspor Extravaganza

If anyone is coming Friday or Saturday RobS had offered me a violin case and I'd like to get it a bit closer to me. Thanks for the help
  11. Mark Stewart

where to find plans for a coffin violin case?

Does any one know where I could find plans for a 4/4 violin case? Thanks
  12. Mark Stewart

Dusted off my saw today

Well after a long time i dusted the ols scroll saw off and did some cutting. After a long time away I am no better than i was before , but no worse either. I have been doing a bit of shooting as of late and got tired of paying $1.35 per paper target. Decided to make a template to make my own...
  13. Mark Stewart

gun cabinet build.

Hi all. I have been ordered (by the wife ) to make a gun box/cabinet for all my toys. The thing is I'm not exactly sure how deep to build it. it will be about 34" across. I'm gonna frame it out of 2x4's and the out side not sure of just yet. Any thoughts?
  14. Mark Stewart

Looking for an air brad gun combo kit.

hi all I have started the search for a small air compressor and brad nailer. I see some of the combo kits like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bostitch-BTFP72665-1-Tool-6-Gallon-Brad-Nailer-and-Compressor-Combo-Kit-/172209176308?hash=item2818777ef4:g:SKAAAOSwxehXOiw1 but really I'm not sure what I need...
  15. Mark Stewart

Planter stand finished

Made a planter stand to use as an herb garden. Not much to look at but a fun project just the same.
  16. Mark Stewart

weeping cherry burl.

I am planning to saw up the weeping cherry burl for bowl blanks this weekend and will bring it to the picnic if any one is interested.
  17. Mark Stewart

Planter boxes from old stait treads

I used thetreads from my old stairs for some simple boxes for herbs.
  18. Mark Stewart

Finally a woodworking project to share

Made a garden bench to sit on the deck this summer. Not much to look at but pretty comfortable.
  19. Mark Stewart

sliding miter saw.

I am considering a sliding compound miter saw purchase. The one I had has died and I am looking to replace it. Not looking for top o the line but more mid range area. Any recommendations?
  20. Mark Stewart

simple gun cabinet plans.

Hi all. I am looking for a plan to make a simple gun cabinet for a shotgun and a few rifles that I have acquired. thinking of just a basic box out of 3/4 ply with a shelf and a door(lockable). When saying this please keep in mind that I have minimal tools. I do have access to a table saw, and I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS