Search results

1. T

Tornado Cleanup Help Needed in NE Raleigh/Forestville

Samaritans Purse has organized a disaster cleanup effort for the Raleigh/Forestville area. They are operating out of the Wake Crossroads Baptist Church. They particularly need people with large chainsaws to cut up some big trees, starting Friday, 4/22. If you can help, or just loan them your...
  2. T

Please read this First - Calendar Voting has begun

Steve: My pic still seems to be having problems. The thumbnail still doesn't expand. Was supposed to have been fixed. Got a comment saying it was too small to vote on. So, I uploaded copy, and it doesn't seem to have a descriptive name. What to do? :icon_scra Tom
  3. Blockfront Chest

Blockfront Chest

Reproduction of a Boston blockfront chest in Albert Sack's "New Fine Points of Furniture." The top and sides are made from single mahogany boards and the drawers fronts are made from a single, 22-inch wide, 3-inch thick mahogany plank. It is finished with aniline dye and varnish.
  4. T

2009 Calendar Contest is now open for entries

:help: The thumbnail for my picture doesn't work; i.e. clicking on it gets a blank page with a little red X in the upper left corner. Clicking on the blank page does get the full-sixe picture, but that is a little hard for people to actually see the whole thing. Tom
  5. T

Calendar Contest In Jeopardy

Steve: I guess I don't get it. My picture looked pretty good to me, plenty of resolution (I think), portrait format, space around the edges, yet it got deleted without any useful explanation. Do I re-post it or take another shot or photo shop it or what? Thanks, Tom Witzig
  6. T

what do you see, is it art or is it firewood?

Mike: When I saw those the first thing I thought to use them for was as door panels in a Krenov- or Craftsman-style cabinet, either wall-hung or free-standing. They seem to be of good size, so you maybe could get doors for two or more cabinets. Let's say two nice tool cabinets for you and a...
  7. T

Soundproofing the Workshop

Guys: Thanks for all your comments. Doug: You're right about trying to nip it in the bud. I may give it a try, but given the weirdness level I may try to find out more about the situation more circumspectly. The original owner of our house stopped by once while we were outside and...
  8. T

Soundproofing the Workshop

I mentioned in my intro that I had a detached garage to turn into a workshop. I'd been progressing satisfactorily until I had a little dust-up with our next-door neighbors. Seems they've taken a dislike to us for reasons unknown. I had one pleasant conversation with the Mr the day we moved in in...
  9. T

Hello from another new guy

Doug: I lived in Annandale. Your picture looks somewhat familiar. Maybe we ran into each other at Woodcraft, or maybe at the Washington Woodworkers Guild. Did you belong? Look forward to talking about it sometime. Dave: Thanks for the kind words. See you Thursday bright and early. Tom
  10. T

Hello from another new guy

Hi all: My name is Tom Witzig. I found out about this site from a fellow employee at the Raleigh Woodcraft, where I work part-time. I've also had the opportunity to chat with several of you at the store, which is one of the benefits of working there. Anyway, my wife and I just moved to Clayton...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS