Search results

1. DavidF

Assembly table video 1 2019-04-16

Assembly table moving
  2. DavidF

Dining table and chairs finished

12!! you must be mad:-) I actually made 7 this time, made one as a working prototype for design and machine setup, along with extra legs etc. I also ended up with 14 jigs, for the various joinery etc!! I threw them all out at the end - broke the mold so to speak....
  3. DavidF

Sewing machine??? all hand stitched by British Craftsmen.... He Travis, How are you these days????
  4. DavidF

Festool Domino

Well Jeff it's a question of opportunity and Carol / work balance. I am away travelling overseas a lot, often with a sales guy that I provide technical support for. That means meetings followed by dinners, back to the hotel late, fall in to bed and do it all over again. When I'm in the office, I...
  5. DavidF

Jewelry box

That's a shame Rob, but it happens a lot to us dog owners. Our house was way too quiet without Sophie. I think we lasted 4 weeks before finding Remi. Enjoy your travels!
  6. DavidF

Shop crawlers always welcome Jim! The chairs had a few tricky things in them, not least the black walnut inlay that runs around the the front and back legs. And not sure if it shows in the pictures but the side rails are not strictly conventional in that instead of an angled tenon meeting the...
  7. DavidF

Oh, and by the way, the advise about never making 6 chairs, it's true - what a PITA they are, but, mighty satisfying when they're done..
  8. DavidF

Yes, I know, luckily I was able to knock all 6 out in a weekend.....actually it was probably a year from start to finish. In fact if you look in my gallery you will see the original CAD drawing, I really started it in NC!
  9. DavidF

Jewelry box

Hi Rob glad things are working out for you now. I guess that big dog of yours is getting on a bit, not sure how old he was when we left. We lost Clara the last week we were in NC and we have lost another one since. We now have a pretty retriever called Remi.
  10. DavidF

Festool Domino

Yeh, I know too long. This is a very rare opportunity to just sit in a hotel room chatting with you guys and come the morning it may be the last for a long time, but i'll try and be better at looking in.
  11. DavidF

At Stonehenge you were less than an hour away. If you're ever iver again let me know. We have the best beer in the world after all.....
  12. DavidF

Are you talking York Maine.....I spent 5 years in NE before NC, didn't much like it up there either...... Down south here in North Dorset, one of the nicest counties in England, so not complaining. Carol misses NC though.
  13. DavidF

Jewelry box

That's a great picture! So sorry to hear about Nancy, Carol and her always got on well when ever we met. I hope all is well with you? I t would certainly be great to meet up again. Funny I did see Diug in Las Vegas about 2 years after I left of all places!!!
  14. DavidF

Hi Bas, Different stock from two different countries, all maple. Guess I was lucky!!! How are things with you?
  15. DavidF

Jewelry box

Well, we might just do that! Keep me posted on the exact date.
  16. DavidF

Hi Jeff forgot to answer your question, yes, we lived in Pittsboro, NC when the table was done. The blue through the top and underneath is actually custom glass that I had made by a small glass company off the beltway. The two pieces of glass cost $2000..... This is the original 3D design I did...
  17. DavidF

I was called back by the same company that sent me to the US in 1999, so had to go. Sure do miss NC. Lydlinch is a perfect small English village, 400people, great neighbours, lot's of community stuff. Pub just down the road. Cows and fields out the back door. I like it a lot but the weather...
  18. DavidF

Interesting dovetail

8 years Wayne - who would have thought. I am so glad this site is still going strong.
  19. DavidF

Jewelry box

Hi Jeff, didn't you come to my going away party?? I'm still using those two magnificent turning tools you all bought me! Yep, been away 8 years now and the job changed quite a lot, not much time to browse the web any more at lunch - Lunch times, now there's a thing of the past. Currently in a...
  20. DavidF

She was happy, but wondered who I was.....

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS