Search results

1. Ncdawgs1882

Classifieds Question.

Was wondering if I could put my scrollsaw up for sale in the classifieds for cash or trade for wood or is there somwhere else I should post this? Thank you for your help!
  2. Ncdawgs1882

I'm Jumping on the Cedar Wagon!

I just finished (well kinda finished) A Eastern Red Cedar bench I wanted this bench to be as rustic as possible its about 3 1/2 feet long & perfect height I have Alan to thank for the ERC this bench will be outside & I havent figured out what kind of finish I want to put on it! but I'm sure I...
  3. Ncdawgs1882

I have a question about a old folding rule?!?

Well I have this old Folding Rule that my grandpa gave to me & it has this little brass ruler in it I have no idea what its used for best I can figure is its a depth gauge! I asked him & he couldn't tell me so I figured who better to ask than the great people on this site! Here's a picture! Oh &...
  4. Ncdawgs1882

Finished a Business Logo for a client!

So here's a finished Business Logo The Dark wood is Black Walnut (Thanks Alan!) & the Light wood is Cotton wood! Also here's a picture of the original logo!
  5. Ncdawgs1882

I Found a Great Deal at HF Greenville!!

I Just got Back From HF & look what I got for 25 bucks!!! it retails for 119$ they still have a few more but they were going quick! the guy said they were shipped from another store & they were told to sell them at that price!:gar-Bi
  6. Ncdawgs1882

I finished a few more!

Ok So I got a request to make a custom box for the ashes of a clients pet. I'm not sure what to charge:dontknow: I figure the materials cost me a total of 8$ at the most I put 15hrs at the most doing the work the rest was waiting for the finish to dry! But maybe I could get your opinion on what...
  7. Ncdawgs1882

I have a Question about Router Speed Control switch

So My question is Could I use a HF Router Speed Control switch to regulate the Tempature of my Wood Burner tool? I figure if the Speed Controler Regulates the amount of power the Router is getting to determine the speed then it should work fine for a wood burner! But I figure I better ask here...
  8. Ncdawgs1882

My First two Wood Burning projects

So I went out & bought a wood burner yesterday & figured I'd try something new!!! The Boxer is my first attempt not as good as my second attempt the Koi Fish But with time & practice i should get better! If anyone has any good pyrography tips & tricks I would love to hear em! Heres my second...
  9. Ncdawgs1882

New & improved Freeware for printing large patterns

So not too long ago Cathy posted a link to a freeware program that allowed you to print large posters on a home computer! Well I found a better program thats just as easy & allows you to set specific sizes for your patterns! That was one of the main concerns I had about the other program so here...
  10. Ncdawgs1882

Finished Project from the picnic!

So for those of you who got to see the unfinished Senior Airborne Jump Wings I made for my grandfather & for those of you who didn't get see it, here is the Finished piece! Its made of Cottonwood & I used a wood conditioner then pecan stain with a poly finish! My Grandfather Loves it!
  11. Ncdawgs1882

Finished my first carvings!

So here are two signs I made for my grandpa out of bass wood I recently bought a 5 piece power grip carving set that I love!!!! before that I had a cheap 5 dollar set from HF that couldn't carve soap! the First one I carved & then used my burnzomatic to give the carving more color & finished it...
  12. Ncdawgs1882

[Suggestion-Main Site] I found a small glitch

Hey with all the site updates & everyone looking out for stuff I think I might have found one for you to investigate on the right sidebar at the top the yellow buddy list link takes me to a blank page when I click on it! It sends me to this Url...
  13. Ncdawgs1882

First Attempt At Intarsia!

So I know I promised Pirate ships But I had to put that project aside due to frustration! :BangHead: But I figured this was a good time to try something new!!! So here is my First attempt at Intarsia its not quite finished need to add a few more details with the wood burner & put some Danish oil...
  14. Ncdawgs1882

John Wayne AKA THE DUKE

Heres one I just finished for my Grandpa! Wasn't that many cuts just alot of detail in the cuts! But I think it came out good! What I wana do as far as Finishing is a Red & yellow Dye so it looks like the sun is setting in the back ground! Any ideas!?!?
  15. Ncdawgs1882

Finally Finished the Koi Fish

This one took me a while but really wasn't that hard! I like the way the wood grain looks like the water! Dave O tell me if you think one of your customers would like this!?!
  16. Ncdawgs1882

Heres two finished projects

This is the Fish piece with stain glass behind it! & heres the welcome sign I did painted red on the front door!
  17. Ncdawgs1882

OMG I almost lost a finger!

Wow what a crazy day! I almost got in two car wrecks & then I injured my pointer finger on the Miter saw! I'm usually very careful & aware of my surroundings! But today was just an off day, but a refreshing wake up call! I was cutting a piece of wood with my miter saw & I went to grab it two...
  18. Ncdawgs1882

My new Workshop

So as some of you have seen from my shop photos its not much of a corner! but I've only been at it a month or so! Well today I got the greatest news possible My Grandfather is passing his shop down to me!!!!!:qgreenjum Everything from his shopsmith & bandsaw to his router & shopvac I couldn't be...
  19. Ncdawgs1882

Where can we post patterns for scroll work???

Was wondering if there was a place we could post scroll saw patterns? These are patterns I make myself! & I would allow everyone who is a part of NCWWer to use them! Also if anyone has a request for patterns of family members I'd be more than willing to help out & see what I can do alot of...
  20. Ncdawgs1882

[Problem-Main Site] I had so much trouble logging in

Ok I had sooo much trouble logging in but I think I may have fixed it cause I'm logged in now! Phew everytime I would try to log in it would send me to the redirecting... page & then a database error page so after trying everything I requested a new password & logged in with that & it works fine...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS