Search results

1. gdoebs

Festool Gloat and Woodcraft rewards!

Picked up my christmas present, a Festool Kapex! Setup was easy and I LOVE the way it cuts. I bought it at Woodcraft in Greensboro. The manager signed me up for Woodcraft rewards which gives you 4% back (I assume as a Woodcraft gift card?). He said he's going to continue doing it on Festool...
  2. gdoebs

Window A/C in a door?

I'd like to put A/C in my shop. I've look at portable units but don't have the space for one, nor do I want to drill holes in the side of my garage/shop. They are also too expensive for me right now. I don't have a window but I do have a steel entry door. It has some rust on the bottom of it, so...
  3. gdoebs

Thinning Latex for HVLP

Hi guys, I have a Fuji Q4 Pro HVLP system and I'm going to start painting my new kitchen cabinets (poplar and MDF). I hope to use the same paint as I did on the trim in our house, Behr Premium. I know I'll have to thin the paint down but since I've never done this before, I'm not sure where to...
  4. gdoebs

3/8" mdf?

Hey Guys, I'm building my new kitchen and would like to use 3/8" MDF for my door and drawer panels. I suppose I could use 1/2" but I'm afraid I'll end up with some heavy doors. I also assume 3/8" would be cheaper! Any body sell this around Greensboro? I'd be willing to drive a little if the...
  5. gdoebs

Modifying DC on Dewalt 735

Hi guys, I was replacing the knives on my 735 (got new Infinity knives) and started thinking about my DC setup for it. Now I use the 4" adaptor to a 4-6" fitting to fit my 6" flex pipe. I have a ClearVue cyclone. Every time I use the planer the DC is so powerful that it collapses the flex pipe...
  6. gdoebs

GLOAT Look what I picked up at lunch...updated with picts!

Got a call from UPS Freight yesterday letting me know my Grizzly 12" Parallelogram Jointer was ready for pickup. I brought the trailer by at lunch to pick it up: Time to rearrange the shop to get it to fit!
  7. gdoebs

Vinyl Siding cleaner?

Hi guys, I need to clean some green stuff of the vinyl siding on the front of the house. I've seen the "Wet and Forget" at Costco which seems nice, but after reading the bottle it says it can take like 6 months to work. Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks!
  8. gdoebs

New jointer - spiral or straight?

I've been joking with my wife that I want to buy a Grizzly G0609 12" Parallelogram jointer for Christmas. She always kinda laughed at me...until this last weekend. I mentioned getting something else instead and she said "I thought you were getting that new jointer."! :tool: So I guess it's as...
  9. gdoebs

Another GSO CL: 21,000 bdft Cherry/walnut

Pretty cool, looks like whole trees slabbed: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mat/1288595934.html
  10. gdoebs

10%-15% off at Woodcraft stores

If you're near one 10%-15% off everything (except the usual power tools, Festool, Sawstop etc). Plus they have a deal for $5.99 you can get a year subscription to there magazine! plus they gave me another flyer with a $15 off a $50 purchase!
  11. gdoebs

Very Large Oak to take down!

A friend of mine at work just bought a house in Greensboro. There is a VERY large oak in the back yard that is hazardous to the house and she needs it taken down. I'm guessing it's about 5-6' in diameter at the base. I'll post some picts when she sends them to me. I know sometimes one can find a...
  12. gdoebs

My first (but not last!) gloat

Well guys, this is my first gloat on NCWW. Last year my grandmother past away and while cleaning getting her house ready to sell I stumbled across an old Craftsman jack plane. Later on I bought a Worksharp 3000 so I could actually sharpen my chisels. I sharpened the plane and used it and fell in...
  13. gdoebs

Upgrading Electrical Panel

Hi guys, I'm planning a kitchen remodel and want to add at least one more circuit for small appliances. I'm tired of tripping a circuit if more than one appliance is on... Not to mention, upgrading the panel would allow me to add a nice shop heater from Northern Tool. I know when we bought our...
  14. gdoebs

CMT Router Bits Clearance at Woodcraft GSO

I was at Woodcraft today in Greensboro. They have all of their CMT router bits on clearance, 25%-75% off. I picked up a 45 deg lock miter bit for $100, reg $149. They had quite a bit left. Happy hunting! Of course I didn't get what I went for...maybe next time.
  15. gdoebs

Motor turns on then off

Hi guys, I just posted this over at the ClearVue forum but I thought I'd ask here too! I've been running my ducting around the shop and finally got to the point where I could turn on the cyclone and test it out on the table saw. Well, the motor cranks up, then slows down, then back up, then...
  16. gdoebs

New in Greensboro!

Hi folks, I just found out about this site a couple days ago. It's great! I was looking at a thread on installing a Clear Vue cyclone - I'm installing my CV 1800 now. It's nice to see more of them out there. A little about myself. I live in Greensboro, NC. Besides woodworking I like to mod my...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors