Search results

1. 0

Prayers for TracyP (Update 8/18)

Hello all, as some of you may remember I am TracyP's son. On Saturday around 12:30PM my dad suffered a heart attack. He was on the phone with my stepmother/his wife (Kathy) and began complaining of heartburn and heavy limbs. She told him to get ready and wait for me, that I was going to take him...
  2. 0

Anybody ever turned a coffee bean blank?

I was wondering if anybody here has ever turned a coffee bean blank from Woodcraft. I've got a friend that wants me to turn a pen for him out of one of these. I tried one the other day and about halfway through the beans started popping out like it was popcorn (lol). These blanks are too...
  3. 0

Happy Birthday TracyP

Happy Birthday to TracyP, who also happens to be my dad. He's put a ton of time and effort into this site so lets all recognize him with a well deserved happy birthday. I love you dad.
  4. 0

My newest (and best) pen

OK, I posted on here a while back with a couple pictures of my first attempts at making pens. They turned out pretty good, but there were some flaws. I took the constructive criticism and tried to follow it. I've made several wooden pens that turned out really well, but this is my first...
  5. 0

My First Pen

Hi all. Just wanted to brag a little bit. I turned my first pen last night and another today. It's one of the most fun and rewarding things I've done with wood yet. It's something that everybody uses, and something that you can show off easily. I think i've figured out my Christmas gifts...
  6. 0

Need some ideas

Hey. Some of you may remember me as the one that won the piece of teak the other day at the picnic. For those that didn't make it to the picnic or don't remember it, this is a piece of teak wood that was put down as the decking on the USS North Carolina in 1941. I've had several people suggest...
  7. 0

Hi

Hi. Just thought I'd come and introduce myself. I'm 21 years old, live in Salisbury NC, and am pretty new to woodworking. My dad is newtowood on these forums. He is the one who got me interested in woodworking as well as this forum. Along with building things, I like to work with computers...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors