Search results

1. 0

Sad news RIP brother Tracy

This was posted in another thread, but just in case you haven't seen it the visitation will be at Powles Staton funeral home in Rockwell on Thursday from 6-8. The funeral will be Friday at 2PM. Service will be at Carmel Baptist Church at 2100 Mooresville Avenue, Salisbury. He will be buried...
  2. 0

Prayers for TracyP (Update 8/18)

I'm sorry again for the delay in updates, a lot happened over the last several days. At 4:30 PM 8/22, TracyP passed away. We saw what we thought were improvements up until Saturday night, when his vitals began slowing down. Pulse rate and BP dropped and by Sunday morning he was no longer...
  3. 0

Re: Prayers for TracyP First of all I apologize for the time it took me to update you all. Yesterday was a hard day and we've had a lot of visitors so it's been difficult to find time to post. The neurologist came in yesterday morning to give us the results of the MRI, telling us that there was...
  4. 0

Hello all, as some of you may remember I am TracyP's son. On Saturday around 12:30PM my dad suffered a heart attack. He was on the phone with my stepmother/his wife (Kathy) and began complaining of heartburn and heavy limbs. She told him to get ready and wait for me, that I was going to take him...
  5. 0

Box Cutter reincarnation. Pictures Added with writeup.

You can't see it in the finished picture, but if you look at the one where you can see the half with the mechanism in it, there is a small slot cut to the side. I can put a pen or paperclip in there to hit the button for the blade release and then it comes out. It was the simplest thing we could...
  6. 0

Probably not, but I'm not too worried about it. The knife that I carry now is a metal folding design made by Gerber and nobody's said anything yet. The only thing they MAY complain about is the guard on the end missing, but what they don't know won't hurt them. haha.
  7. 0

Re: Box Cutter reincarnation. OK, here's the story. I work at the Food Lion distribution warehouse in Salisbury and we use a specific brand of box cutter for "safety" reasons. Below is a picture of the original. One of my associates had dropped his knife and it had been run over by a forklift...
  8. 0

Anybody ever turned a coffee bean blank?

I think I'll go the skew and CA route. I actually thought that I might should try some CA, but the thought crossed my mind as the beans were flying past my head so I think I was a little late. :gar-La; I thought that the CI2 would do better on the blank because it is a razor blade at the end...
  9. 0

Anybody ever turned a coffee bean blank?

I was wondering if anybody here has ever turned a coffee bean blank from Woodcraft. I've got a friend that wants me to turn a pen for him out of one of these. I tried one the other day and about halfway through the beans started popping out like it was popcorn (lol). These blanks are too...
  10. 0

Happy Birthday TracyP

Happy Birthday to TracyP, who also happens to be my dad. He's put a ton of time and effort into this site so lets all recognize him with a well deserved happy birthday. I love you dad.
  11. 0

A day in the shop with my son

Thanks everybody for all the kind words. This was a project I've wanted to try ever since I saw a picture of one. It was a lot of fun making the pen, and it was nice to have a day to work together like that. Thanks again.
  12. 0

How I did it

seconded. That is worthy of "wow!"
  13. 0

Al least it's not a funnel this time

I think it looks pretty cool. I'd love to find some of that wood. Good job, and I second David in saying stick it in the calendar entries.
  14. 0

Four New Pens

Those are awesome. I'm really impressed with not just the quality of the pens, but the layout for the picture as well. I entered a picture of mine in the calendar contest, but I think I'd vote for this picture instead. It's just awesome.
  15. high resolution pen 2

high resolution pen 2

16. Black/Pearl

Black/Pearl

17. 0

My newest (and best) pen

I have every intention of entering it in the contest, I just have to do some work on the picture today to get it the right format. I should have it entered by the end of the night. Thanks for the kind words.
  18. 0

My newest (and best) pen

OK, I posted on here a while back with a couple pictures of my first attempts at making pens. They turned out pretty good, but there were some flaws. I took the constructive criticism and tried to follow it. I've made several wooden pens that turned out really well, but this is my first...
  19. acrylic pen

acrylic pen

20. acrylic pen

acrylic pen

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS