Search results

1. Trent Mason

What PVC Fittings for Thien Baffle

Hello All, Yet another DC question. I plan on running 4" PVC ASTM D-2729 from the wall near the DC, up, across the ceiling and down to the tools on the other side. Also, I plan to use 4" Flex Hose to go from the PVC to the DC (and to the tools). That being said, I am planning to build a...
  2. Trent Mason

Thien Baffle Advice

Hi Folks, I've finally got my HF Dust Collector and Wynn Environmental filter and am getting around to putting it all together and had a question. I bought one of those Brute trash cans from Lowes and wanted to use it instead of the bag. If that were the case, I would build my own "cart" for...
  3. Trent Mason

Adding Additional Outlets and Lights in Shop

Hello All, Thought I'd ask the brain trust for some advice on adding some additional outlets and shop lights. To be honest, electricity is not my area of expertise, although I do have some experience in wiring things for work (mainly repairing/resoldering connections). So perhaps, the best...
  4. Trent Mason

Advice on Dust Collection

Hello All, I wanted to pick your brains about a subject I know very little about... dust collection (I'm more versed in the process of MAKING dust and am quite proficient at it) :gar-Bi. Christy and I are set to close on our first home in Cary (stealth gloat) on May 29'th and after that, I...
  5. Trent Mason

First Addition to the Family

Howdy Folks, I haven't been terribly active in a while, but have still been logging in a few times per week to see what's going on. I did want to pass along some wonderful news. Christy is about halfway there with our first child, a baby girl! :eusa_danc We are very excited for this...
  6. Trent Mason

Please help this man!

Hello All, I came across this man's story on another site that I frequent and wanted to pass it along to the great folks here. http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/surfing-past-cancer/110107 A few months after Christy and I were married, I was laid off. At the time, it was the "worst...
  7. Trent Mason

Hand Trucks/Dollies

Hello all, We're heading up to Asheville pretty soon to unload a bunch of furniture my inlaws are sick of looking at pick up some furniture from my wife's parents. :gar-La; I figured this would be a good time to purchase a quality hand truck. :widea: Most of the one's I've used in the past...
  8. Trent Mason

Desk Refurbished

Hi Folks, A little while back, my company gave us the green light to start working from home while we're not traveling. Of course, that means I had to have a desk. :widea: I found this solid oak desk on craigslist for $35.00. When I picked it up, the owners (who also got it off of...
  9. Trent Mason

Minwax Stain taking a long time to dry

Howdy folks, Last night I applied one coat of Minwax Stain to an old desk that I'm refinishing. I wouldn't say it was a particularly heavy coat, but for some reason, it is still tacky (now 18 hours later). On the can it says that it takes a minimum of eight hours to dry and longer in low...
  10. Trent Mason

DIY large Christmas tree stand Complete!

Hello Folks, Christy and I would like to get a big Christmas tree this year (probably 10-12 feet) to both fit in a large area of space in our den and also to show some good Christmas spirit in spite of a rough year... :cool: My question is this. Do any of you have any plans for building your...
  11. Trent Mason

Separate lines in signature?

Hi Tech folks, Just curious. I used to have a smiley next to my name in my signature before the upgrade and after the upgrade it just said ":smile:" or something. I guess some code wasn't allowed or perhaps that smiley was done away with. Not a big deal.... I went to edit my signature this...
  12. Trent Mason

Any air compressor gurus out there? FIXED!!!

Hi Folks, I've been trying to figure out what is going on with my air compressor all day long. It is a Ridgid 2.5 Gallon OF25135CW electric. Every time I cut it on, it goes up to about 125 PSI, then air starts shooting out of the "Unloader Valve" and it trips the "Reset" button. I am not...
  13. Trent Mason

Any Balsa suppliers in central or Eastern NC?

Hi folks, I was wondering if there were any sawyers, etc who have balsa wood in the triangle area or in Eastern NC. Any help is greatly appreciated. :icon_thum Thanks, Trent
  14. Trent Mason

cheap patio roofing

We're currently renting a townhome in Cary that is "beautifully situated right on a lake." Of course, the view is amazing, however, the mosquitoes..... not so much. :no: Our deck is 8' deep by 16' wide, with stairs going down to the ground below. Our landlord is pretty laid back (meaning I'm...
  15. Trent Mason

2012 Election Results

Hi Folks, It was yet another fun picnic in Salisbury this afternoon. :occasion1 I'm sorry to those who weren't able to attend. We really missed you all. Nonetheless, I'd like to announce the newest four members of the board of directors. First of all, I would like to thank EACH person that...
  16. Trent Mason

Answers to Picnic Questions

I thought since there are a few threads about the picnic, I could give you the links to them all in this one. :icon_thum Here is the current schedule for our Picnic on May 19: Directions to the picnic The park's website/directions: http://www.dannicholas.net/contactus.aspx...
  17. Trent Mason

Meet the Candidates

Good morning everyone, As of today, nominations are over and I'm very happy to say that we have seven great candidates running for the upcoming BOD election. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap The candidates are: Donn (drw) Mike (MikeH) Ken (KenOfCary) Phil (PhilS) Steve...
  18. Trent Mason

Trouble with Uploading Document to Download Library

Hi folks, I was trying to upload the latest BOD meeting minutes to the download library and keep getting the message: "You may only use the following file types:" But then it doesn't list any???? :confused: I tried uploading it in both PDF and Word 97-2003. Any ideas??? EDIT: .doc and...
  19. Trent Mason

Requirements for BOD Candidates?

Sorry to start another thread folks, but I have had two more inquiries about running for the BOD and was wondering if there were any other requirements other than opting in to Corporate Membership. They pm'd me this morning and I'm waiting on clarification of this issues to get back to them. I...
  20. Trent Mason

Update on Dad (prayers please)

Hi Folks, I know it's been a while since I posted about my Dad and I wanted to thank you all SOOOOOOO much for your prayers and thoughts. He is doing as good as he can, given the circumstances. He finished radiation last week and is going into his third session of chemotherapy next week...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS