Search results

1. P

Closing up my garage shop

Hi all. I was pretty active here around when the site was first turning into what it is today; I remember the discussions about membership and such. Especially around 11 or 12 years ago I was going on shop crawls, hosted my garage at one, brought my family to a big picnic meeting we had, and...
  2. P

Interior Door

Hi guys. I have a formal living room that I have converted into a movie room - it has a 42" wide opening. My wife and I have wanted a custom door made for it for some time. I thought about doing it myself, but I don't feel I have the skill for it yet or the setup to do doors. My thought is...
  3. P

Worksharp deal

I got this from smallparts.com. Their normal price for the WS3000 is $200, so with 20% off, $160 is a pretty good deal.
  4. P

Hat rack / Umbrella stand (done w/ pics!)

I finally finished my first interior furniture project. I've been working on this one for some time, and it took me a while to get to the point where I was willing to try something that I might actually put inside (as opposed to adirondack chairs, little outdoor tables, etc.). It's a combo...
  5. P

Drill Doctor brand sale (Worksharp etc.)

Smallparts.com 10% off all Drill Doctor Tools Use Promo Code DRILLDOC at checkout. Promotion begins March 02, 2009 at 9 a.m. ET and ends on March 16, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. ET Smallparts is a great vendor - I've bought lots of odd items from them. The Drill Doctor sale should work on the...
  6. P

Outdoor work lights

Now that it's starting to get dark earlier, I am missing working outside. I especially like to sand outside. I was wondering if anyone ever used those outdoor worklights. Northern Tool has some for pretty cheap. Are they any good, or too many shadows and not worth the trouble?
  7. P

Squaring legs with hand tools

So, I have 4 legs made out of jatoba, and they are nice and flat and straight. They are ~1 3/4" thick, made of 2 pieces (about 1 3/4" x 7/8" each) glued together. I just realized that the sides are not square to each other. Does anyone have advice on the best way to fix this with hand tools...
  8. P

Links of interest from the shop crawl

A few people asked me for information about my workbench, bench planes, planer sled, sliding circular saw table thing, and flip top cart, so here are the links to more information on those things: http://www.blumtoolco.com/...
  9. P

Router table safety

Hi guys. I am pretty new to this stuff and still learning a lot of lessons. Today I was doing some flush trimming on my benchtop router table. I have some 1/4" ply templates and some cheap pine roughly cut to shape with a jigsaw. I've done this before, but haven't gotten the technique and...
  10. P

Hello everyone

Hi there. I'm a new member and a new woodworker. About 6 months ago I needed to build a bench to do some reloading, and found I really enjoyed the experience. Since then I have made some outdoor furniture like tables and chairs and some shop furniture and cabinetry. I want to eventually...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS