Search results

1. W

Woodpecker Slab Mill Questions

I appreciate the recommendation but I cannot have any flex plus I need to be out past 64" of width and 96" of length . I have a stacked up set of dimensions that will show given how and where this door will be hung. Going by my favorite largeCNC shop to check with them about potential help.
  2. W

I have access to a high end wall mount panel saw in work and having used it I know it won't give me what I need. I'm figuring on having some twist and misaligned glue joints. I need a large flat surface so I can shim the 64" by 96" door blanks level and flat to clean the upper surface so I can...
  3. W

Having 9 inset panels on a door that has to be 1.75 inches thick takes me away from experimenting on the fly. I know the slab mill with a good set of cross rails will give me what I need.
  4. W

Yes you may
  5. W

I have access to a complete slab mill setup, except the ability to reach across a 64" door blank/ slab. I'm looking at the 76" rail kit and wanted to see if anybody had them. And if so were they rigid enough to span that length ? Any other potential issues encountered? $369 for two pieces of...
  6. W

LED Shop lights

Remove the ballast and then just replace the bulbs, I bought several cases of 4' led bulbs and did mine in short order for a very reasonable price.
  7. W

Tormek Grinding Wheel Change

Keep in mind that using a cbn wheel on your tormek negates the wet option . you can remove the water basin because the cbn wheels are not designed to be used wet and they will rust.
  8. W

Delta Bandsaw Question

Bob, I was actually considering ceramic guides but made a set of steel out of some 1/2" keystock and that will hold me over. I have a 16" and a 18" Laguna that do the majority of cutting. I really wanted the delta for cutting non ferrous metal. Take care and have a great holiday.
  9. W

Delta Bandsaw Question

John, This saw had graphite guides that I maid from edm electrodes. I bought the bearing guides to try . They are nothing more than 4 pieces of steel that look like keystock. They have 2- 5/8" bearings on one end and are designed to slide in like the original guides but they are .010...
  10. W

Delta Bandsaw Question

This is a question for the people who are familiar with only the Delta 14" bandsaw made in the 1960's and 70's. I have a early one and the guides were worn to the point of replacement. I had a set of bearing type guides that slide into the sleeves like a regular bar type guide. They will not fit...
  11. W

Powermatic PM 701 Mortiser help needed

I'm not sure if you saw my response but I am interested. I would pay shipping since you are up in Raleigh. I do get up there alot for State games if your anywhere close to the stadium area we could meet up.
  12. W

I'm feeling like Mooresville was not the correct answer.
  13. W

I'm in Mooresville, not far from I 77 exit36
  14. W

Doing exactly that and looking for a online tech drawing for dimensions to machine one cause I really need 4" of spacer block to clear my 7.75" wide rails.
  15. W

I have the above mortiser and I'm trying to find one or two riser blocks for it. I was notified today that powermatic has temporarily discontinued the one that was listed. I have a project that requires additional clearance so 4" of rise is what I need. If anybody has one they are not using I...
  16. W

GMT Air Cooled CNC Spindle 2.2kW 220/380V 24000 RPM S With Delta Inverter. Includes full ER20 collet set.

Tim, does it include all the cabling needed to wire it on any size router platform under 4 by 8? How am I a new user? After 15 years on the site.
  17. W

Grizzly G1023SLX - Lost Arbor Nut?

Grizzly builds there tools in several Taiwanese factories and Harvey only showed up in 1985 so the 1023 was already in production.
  18. W

Need a skid steer for 15 minutes in Charlotte

Dennis, Got most of the potential issues covered by 2 sheets of 1" plywood plus 3 landscape matts that have been acquired. The only thing left is the current weather which I have no control over. I also believe we might have found the skidsteer owner we used on the install. Sure hope so.
  19. W

The height of this milling machine is also a major factor. It traveled better the first time when hanging from the factory cast C/L lifting ring.
  20. W

I've been rigging various types of heavy equipment most of my life and I know from putting this machine in the building that there is a good easy way to get it around to the driveway and the skidsteer is the ticket. No way I'm paying a rigging crew at today's prices for 15 minutes of work. The...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors