Search results

1. W

headlamps for WWing

Anybody use a headlamp while woodworking? If so, what kind etc. thans.
  2. W

Headlamps

Any one use one for their woodworking? How bright? What brand/model?
  3. W

6 in dust collection hose clamps

Am reworking my 6in dust collection system and am in need of 6in round spring load quick release squeeze hose clamps. Can find 4 in but no 6 in. Anyone have a source? Thanx.
  4. W

Table leg tapers.

When making tapered table legs, 2 sided, which of the faces do you taper? I have always done the front face and the inside face of the leg. Recently, someone told me I was all wrong. Which faces do you all do> Thanx. ? Thanx.
  5. W

Table apron size

Is there any rule of thumb that addresses how wide a table apron should Be> I have a hallway table that is 12x46t wide and will stand 29-30 inch high. Not for sitting. I know it is subjective, but what is a good width for a table this size/ thanx.
  6. W

Button Shellac

Do I do anything different using button shellac versus flakes when dissolving it into solution? Thnx
  7. W

MJ splitter

I have this splitter which has four thickness options to prevent kickback. How do I determine which thickness I should use? No instructions came with it.I have the unifence which is o0ffset 3/1000ths. Suggestions? Thnx.
  8. W

Ruby Shellac

Can ruby shellac be purchased a; already mixed or must one buy the flakes and make up his own? What source do u recommend? Thnx.
  9. W

Cutting a 6x6 into 4 pieces

I have a four ft. long piece of rough sawn cherry that is 6x6. Need advise as to best way to cut it into four equal pieces to make table legs. Tjhanx.
  10. W

Fiinish for Cherry table

Am finishing a table made of Cherry and am requesting some finishing suggestions. Top is 11 inches by 46 inches. I have used just shellac in the past but am looking for other options. What works for you on Cherry? Thanx.I know it is very subjective,
  11. W

Bowtie jig selection

Need to stabilize some checking in a table top slab and wondering about bow tie/Dutchman jigs. Is there a preferred jig out there for this task? Thanx.
  12. W

M/T joints with router

I want to start using the router to make my M/T joints. Are there any good tutorials/articles etc. to help me learn this technique? Thnx.
  13. W

Tape Measures

My eyes are dim I cannot see. Anyone have a source for tape measures with enlarged numbers> i can read the whole numbers, but the fractions are a problem. Thnx.
  14. W

Sealant for Mexican Tile

I have just pressured washed my Mexican tile outdoor patio floor and would like to apply a protective sealant. I know it will have to be re done in several years but amasking what is best product to accomplish this?
  15. W

PVC gluye

Is there an yway to make the pvc glue last longer before it gums up to the point that it is not usable? Thnx.
  16. W

Sealing end grain

Whn I use to seal the end grain of freshly milled lumber? Is there anything beside Anchorseal? Thnx.
  17. W

Need part for old unisaw

I need to replace the housing for the off/on switch for a 1996 10" tilting arbor say. This is a "special edition Norm Abrams" unit. If anyone has that model would u send me the model number of the saw? I cannot find it on the saw or on tbhe user's manual. Thankx.
  18. W

Cordless circular saw

Am looking to purchase one. Plan to use it to cut scrap,junk wood or trim off ends of irregular rough sawn lumber. Any recommendations as to what to buy? Think there are different size blades also and any comments on that? thanx y'all.
  19. W

Best finish for flooring

In the opinion of the gurus out there, what is the "best" finish to apply to wooden floors? I have old barn board floors so the species varies. Thinking polyurethane but don't want to be a lemming and do what everyone else does. Any particular brand better than others. Any suggestions...
  20. W

Old Masters Poly

Anyone use it? How is it compared to Minwax or other brands of poly? Am going to do some floors with it. thanx.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS