Search results

1. ACobra289

15" Delta planer on WS Craigslist

I don't know anything about planers so this may or may not be a good deal but thought I would post it just in case. Not mine and I am not affiliated with it in any way. http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/3278509622.html
  2. ACobra289

Need plumbing help ASAP!!!!

The black pipe that comes from the water meter into my house has a leak. I have spent all afternoon digging to find the leak. I finally found the pipe and the location of the leak. My question is, what is the best way to fix this type of pipe? Its about 1 inch in diameter and is black...
  3. ACobra289

Need small amount of wood in the Winston Salem area.

Hello all. I am planning on building a small wall hanging gun rack for my son to use for some of his airsoft guns. I am thinking either cherry or oak, but I am open to other types that would also look good stained. I don't have an exact amount needed yet as I have not finalized any plans, but I...
  4. ACobra289

Need suggestions for repair of wooden porch deck.

Hello all. I need some suggestions on the best way to handle something. A lady that I work with has asked me to do some minor repairs to the deck of her front porch. It is an older house and the boards are tongue and groove. A couple of years ago, somebody replaced some of the boards and...
  5. ACobra289

Material suggestions?

RE: Pistol rack for safe Hello all. I'm thinking about making one of these for my safe. I'd like to get some suggestions on the soft material the pistol will come in contact with. My first thought is some sort of pipe insulation, but I have not checked any of that out yet and I don't know how...
  6. ACobra289

Need finishing help for gun stock.

Hello everyone. I need some help with refinishing a gun stock. It’s a 70’s era Glenfield Model 60. Many years ago I tried to refinish it and I was never happy with how it turned out. I decided recently to try again. I have sanded it down to bare wood and now I could use some assistance on...
  7. ACobra289

Need roofer recommendation in Winston-Salem area

Hello all. Mark's thread reminded me that my roof is nearing the end of its life and I need to start looking for someone to replace it within the next year or so. Can anyone recommend a roofer in the Winston area? Thanks! Bill
  8. ACobra289

Need biscuit joiner

Hello all. I am working on a wainscoting project and just realized I am going to need a biscuit joiner. (I don't know why I thought I could use my pocket screw jig. :BangHead:) I hate to buy a new one since I probably won't use it very often after this project. I checked CL but didn't see any...
  9. ACobra289

Need wood or assistance in Winston.

Hello everyone. I am looking for some reasonably priced poplar or clear pine to use for a wainscoting project in my dining room. I need S4S as I do not have any way to mill rough the lumber. Does anyone have any for sale or recommend a place to buy it? I don’t know the final amount that I...
  10. ACobra289

Need finished basement ceiling advice

Hello all. Sometime in the future, I am going to remodel our finished basement. Currently the ceiling is a dropped style with 2’ x 4’ panels. I REALLY don’t want to put the same type ceiling back up, but due to having to access a couple of junction boxes and a water shutoff valve for the...
  11. ACobra289

PM 65 TS, Delta planer and jointer on WS CL

I don't know if this is a good deal or not, but thought someone here may be interested. Price is $900. Also comes with some cherry wood if all 3 tools are purchased. http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/866822824.html
  12. ACobra289

newbie routing question

I have made some basic cabinet door frames. I now need to route profiles on the inside and outside edges. Since I have end grain showing, I need to know the best sequence for routing the outside edges to minimize tear out. Based on the pic, should I route north/south first and then do the east...
  13. ACobra289

Dumb newbie question - cabinet doors

I am going to be making a few simple cabinet doors using pocket screws. I want to put glass inserts in them. What is the best way to make the rabbet to accept the pane of glass? I have a router, but don't seem to have a bit that would accomplish this. Should I just go buy a bit for this purpose...
  14. ACobra289

Craftsman TS on GSO CL - $50

I don't know much about saws, but it looks like it might be a decent deal. :dontknow: http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/796562190.html
  15. ACobra289

Out building

I am in serious need of a shed or some type of out-building for my lawn and garden equipment and for storage space. I am leaning towards building it myself (when/if the money becomes available). If I do build it, is there a particular size that makes the best use of 4x8 plywood sheets? 16x16...
  16. ACobra289

Ideas to secure basement windows?

Hello all. It was pointed out to me in another post that the basement windows on the back of my house are a security risk. Due to this and the recent post about the home break in, I am looking for ideas on the best way to make these windows more secure. I included a pic to show what I'm dealing...
  17. ACobra289

Would this be stupid?

Morning. I recently had a new heat pump installed. The vent for my clothes dryer is fairly close to the heat pump. I have been told that having this vent near the heat pump is not good so I want to move the vent further away. The problem is, my home is brick and besides not having the tools to...
  18. ACobra289

Need material suggestion

I am having a new heat pump installed in a couple of days. I want to put down 4" tall landscaping blocks first and then have the preformed pad put on top of the blocks. What would be a good material to put under the landscaping blocks to make sure they don't shift or sink. I bought a couple of...
  19. ACobra289

Should I get the SD206 or SD208

Amazon has 25% off right now. Should I get the SD206 or the SD208? The SD208 is about 10 bucks more. I have a delta contractors saw. The discount is shown once you proceed to checkout. Thanks, Bill
  20. ACobra289

25% off Freud Dado Blade Sets

Amazon has 25% off right now. I am not sure for how much longer. The discount is shown once you proceed to checkout. Thanks. Bill M.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS