Search results

1. J

1" Belt Sander

I am looking foir a 1" belt sander that can produce a true 90 degree angle. Has not seen a good review on the Grizzly or Delta models. Anyone have a suggestion??? Thanks !!!!
  2. J

Using Shoe Wax

Thanks for the advice everyone, I was having a hard time finding some ebony wax and was looking for alternatives. But then realized, after going back, Woodcraft had some and I just did not look hard enough. So I will keep the shoe polish for my shoes :lol:
  3. J

Using Shoe Wax

Has anyone tried using shoe wax instead of wood paste? I have been told is works just as good and costs a lot less.
  4. J

Advice with French Polish

Hi All, Back after a traveling for the last 6 months. I have french polished flat surfaces before, having very good results. Now I have a few pieces, platter stands, that are giving me fits. Picture a finial cut in half and glued to a flat surface. Everytime I wipe with the rubber, it...
  5. J

Joiner Table Adjustments

Thanks everyone, let you know how thing turn out.:icon_thum
  6. J

Joiner Table Adjustments

Hi All, I was given a 6" Central Machinery joiner and I am trying to get the 2 tables level to each other. When I put a straight edge to the 2 tables, the out feed table is fine, but the back of the in feed table (right before the cutter blades) has a gap that disappears as you get to the...
  7. J

Infinity Router Bits

I ordered the set today, will let you how they work out.
  8. J

Infinity Router Bits

This set does have the back cutter on it, it was a must for me. Here the set is, they say it is a new product.
  9. J

Infinity Router Bits

I am looking to purchase a raised door router bit set, thought that Soomerfield/CMT set was the way to go. But just got a flyer from Infinity that has a set for the same price and includes a glue joint bit. I have several CMT bits and know they are great pieces, but have never used an Infinity...
  10. J

Opinions

I liked the walnut best but the wife is screaming it's too dark. :BangHead: Have some cherry and mahogany samples coming. What was "my" space to do as I wanted has turned into "our space" and honey this looks better. But sure that has never happened to anyone else here, huh. lol :lol:
  11. J

Opinions

The knotty pine is natural, but I want this area a little darker. I have poplar, red oak and walnut in my shop that I have made different samples of to compare with. None really grabbed me.
  12. J

Opinions

Hi All, I just put up some nice knotty pine paneling in my basement, now looking to the bar area and having a time deciding what kind of wood to use in it that compliments the knotty pine. I am looking at the English Pub look with wainscoting and wood paneling. Any suggestions...
  13. J

Finishing Knotty Pine Paneling

Thanks for the input everyone, I really appreciate it. :icon_thum
  14. J

Finishing Knotty Pine Paneling

Hi All, I am installing knotty pine paneling in my basement and was wondering the best way to finish the paneling. I do not want to darken the color, and I want to avoid the blotching and sap issues I might run into. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!!!
  15. J

A howdy-do from Kansas

Welcome to NC Big Daddy, I spent several years in Kansas, Dodge City to be exact, still have family there. Guess you could say I got the heck out of Dodge. :lol:
  16. J

local suppiers list

Has anyone done any business with Wall Lumber in Mayodan? Have been told they have a good inventory and pricing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS