Search results

1. jonnyfontaine

13" Jointer

Hi I have a really old piece of beautiful Honduras mahogany that was acquired in the 80's but it's rough saw and I do t have a Jointer wide enough to clean up on face I can plane and do the rest I just need to clean the one face, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated... thank you so much
  2. jonnyfontaine

Building a small spray booth

Im building a small booth maybe enough for 3 guitars I looked at premade ones but the prices are unreal have any of you guys built you're own spray booths? If so what fan, material, lights did you use? Thanks also if you knownanyway getting rid of a small booth let me know
  3. jonnyfontaine

New tool gloat

So I finally bought a supermax 19-38 sander and couldn't be happier. It's amazing machine and very easy to set up and with guitar work is invaluable. I can't recommend to drum sander anymore it seems head and shoulders about their competitors and I you can afford and are looking for a drum...
  4. jonnyfontaine

Have anyone of you made an enclosed spray booth in your wows shop?

And if so how do you keep the dust out without investing in a reall spray booth I can use all the help I can get thanks so much
  5. jonnyfontaine

I know this is a crazy question

But if alway one is considering selling a supermax 19-34 drum sander please contact me I love it's a great to but if anyone is upgaring please let me know. Thank you so much , Jonny
  6. jonnyfontaine

Losing suction

A sorry for the delay in response I'll check it later tonight, as for now I just am hooking the machines straight to the dust collector and it's working great. I'll let ya know what it ends up being, and thanks again for such a great deal on it Ken
  7. jonnyfontaine

Thinkness sand some pieces

Hi guys I need help thinkness sanding a few pieces of wood. Most 1/4" think well maybe .260. Those are roughly 2.5 wide by 19 long and one piece down to 1/8" and that's like 3.75 wide by like 9" long. If anyone can help with this this weekend that would be great, thanks so much
  8. jonnyfontaine

Losing suction

I have a 1& 1-2 hp dust collector but I noticed when I connect it to the "baffle" that's supposed to catch the bigger chips I lose a considerable about of suction, I know it worked fine for the previous owner and he marked the in and so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I run a...
  9. jonnyfontaine

what's the most stable wood you've worked with?

i'm looking for a medium hard wood, but most importantly it has to be as dimensionally stable as possible, and for this discussion Genuine Mahogany doesn't count. Like on like 8-9 occasions this wood Narra is incredibly stable but everyonce in a while you'll get a board with tension all over it...
  10. jonnyfontaine

Big question on band saw purchase

Imho it's totally worth it especially if you're doing a lot of resawing
  11. jonnyfontaine

Laguna jointers

Does anyone here have any opinions/experience with any of the Laguna models of jointers. It seems like every tool they make is the winner of several awards, I love my bandsaw of theirs I own. And I know it's petty but they look killer also, very modern chic haha and we all know that's the real...
  12. jonnyfontaine

Grizzly 8" jointer G0490W

If anyone has experiance with this model jointer or in general parallelogram jointers, anyone that would be available and willing to come and kinda guide me through the setup, which I've done so unless I really messed up its more like checking my work and giving advice. If anyone is willing or...
  13. jonnyfontaine

Grizzly spiral cutter versus bryd Shelix cutter

Yeah the majority of what I'd be doing is face jointing highly figured wood, and very dense and hard woods. Yeah I was exaggerating when I said the gibs were welded but it seriously took me a torch and vise grips to loosen then gibs on one knive and it seems like the gibs are made of a soft...
  14. jonnyfontaine

Spray booth for rent ?

I looking for a better place to spray my finishes. I shoot nitro lacquer and explosion proof fans and lights are quite expensive so I'm looking for something I could rent for like a weekend. I was seeing if any of you know of any businesses that rent spray booth time. Or if anyone know how to...
  15. jonnyfontaine

I'm sorry I meant readjust the fence, sorry
  16. jonnyfontaine

I recently got a new above mentioned jointed and have been having tons of issues with like everytime I edge joint a board I have to readjust the board. I have plenty of nice straight edges and checked that the tables are coplaner, it's a parallelogram jointer. Has anyone else had any issues/...
  17. jonnyfontaine

Grizzly spiral cutter versus bryd Shelix cutter

I own a grizzly 8" jointer and I can't square the edge of a board, I think some of the knives are higher on one side quite a bit. And since the gibs seem welded on I'd rather not go through the nightmare of adjusting the knives. I ordered a bryd Shelix cutter head a while back but they say...
  18. jonnyfontaine

Bench top material

Sorry this is kind of a dumb question but what is the better top material for a work bench hard maple or soft maple(seeing as it would be easier to reflatten) and what is a good thinkness like 2 1/4" or 3" or just 2" with a 3" skirt. Anyway thanks so much
  19. jonnyfontaine

12"+ wide mahagony source?

Try Berkshire woods they specialize in mahogany.
  20. jonnyfontaine

Setting knives on a grizzly

Thanks yeah stupid auto correct I meant the gibs that hold the knives in place I followed the rotation in the manual and the "gibs" didn't budge. I even sprayed a tiny amount of wd-40 to try and loosen them with no luck. Any advice, the Grizzly video made it so easy looking.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS