Search results

1. Jerome B

VFD inverter has given up the ghost now what help.

It is good to know that there is assistance in the club for problems like this.
  2. Jerome B

Thanks for that helpful information
  3. Jerome B

removing mold staining from air dried SYP

I have some SYP that stained while it was air drying. The stain goes way into the wood. Other than paint is there a way to get rid of these stains? Iam thinking of trying oxalic acid.
  4. Jerome B

It worked!! The surgery worked even though the lathe had a questionable surgeon. I followed the directions from the AAW forum thread that I posted earlier. I also watched this video It was really helpful in understanding the programming part and to not stress over it so much.
  5. Jerome B

Good question. I found a not god awfully expensive replacement. I am looking at replacing the 22 yr old VFD while I have it down for repairs. Thank you for the offer.
  6. Jerome B

I don't know. I am going to try the Lapond VFD. I found the program directions for it.
  7. Jerome B

Thanks for the suggestion. I am printing the manual out as I type.
  8. Jerome B

I'm sorry that I did not get back to this thread earlier. I did not see the new responses.
  9. Jerome B

I found several OEM of the VFD on Ebay but they seem to all be directly shipped from china. I don't feel comfortable doing that. I Want to be able to return it if it doesn't work. I got the following suggestion by Keegan Watson on the facebook page for NC Woodworker...
  10. Jerome B

Great questions. The new setup has the right power connections. I tested it and it is live. The VFD is dead as a door nail. And the cover that connects the programmer to the circuit board won't stay on. A puff of smoke would have been a nice signal. Being that it is 22 yrs old I am assuming...
  11. Jerome B

The VFD on my 3520A Powermatic has decided to not work after the move to the new garage. After 15 years and a move I guess it is to be expected. So the question is "What do I do Now?" The VFD iniverter has been discontinued. In poking around the internet I see that I can buy a refurbed one...
  12. Jerome B

Looking for someone to turn a few porch posts

I am redoing my porch and I need 7 turned 6" x 96" turned victorian porch posts. They can be done in segments or they can be turned whole. I am not terribly picky. Is there anyone around that does this? My lathe is down so I can't do it myself at this time. Thanks, Jerome
  13. Jerome B

A Great source of Walnut in Chapel Hill

Some of it has been in a solar kiln and the rest has been air dried and is at least 10 yrs old.
  14. Jerome B

Electrical options of r setting up a new shop

Y'all are a wealth of great information. I am in Graham, so I will have Duke Energy. Sounds like it is time to call Duke Energy and get an idea of what option they want to offer. I decided to wait on expanding the shop to make sure that I had the budget to outfit building well. I am glad...
  15. Jerome B

I am a bit worried about the power drop and I like the idea aoaf having a seperate bill. Was it prohibitively expensive to get the separate line?
  16. Jerome B

A Great source of Walnut in Chapel Hill

I was just over at Keith Yow's saw mill yesterday. He just retired from teaching furniture making at Cedar Grove HS. He has a great selection of walnut, ponderosa pine, and I believe some birch. The walnut ranges from 5/4-16/4 and he has a good amount of wide stuff. His prices are good. Go...
  17. Jerome B

I am moving my shop into a new space, the garage at my new house. I am looking at options of what to do about electricity, and I am trying to think long term. The garage is detached from the house. I am wondering which is the better option. 1.Run a line from the house fuse panel (200 amp) or...
  18. Jerome B

best source for wide SYP boards?

They have a great selection. When I called they said that most of their boards were in the 6"-9" realm. I want 13"-14" I have gotten them in the past, but it was from a log that I had sawn into boards for me. Unfortuantely my stash has gotten rather low. I really don't want to glue up boards.
  19. Jerome B

best source for wide SYP boards?

I am about to make some Thomas Jefferson book boxes. I need some SYP that is atleast 13" wide prefereably 5/4 thick, but 4/4 will do. Where can I find material like? While I am at it I need some wide Walnut boards also. I am in Graham.
  20. Jerome B

Free Fine Woodworking library

I letting go of my Fine Woodworking Library It runs from 1977-2008. I am giving it away. Anyone interested in it? I am moving and I am not sure if I want to take it along with me. I am outside of Chapel Hill, NC -Edit: Magazines have been taken Jerome

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors