Search results

1. redhawknc1

How much for cherry and walnut?

Thanks everyone!
  2. redhawknc1

How much for cherry and walnut?

I have stockpiled some very nice cherry and some beautiful thick walnut. The cherry is 6/4 and the walnut is 10/4 with widths of 8" or better. I am looking to sell this and would like to know what a fair asking price is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. All has been dried and stored for...
  3. Dust Collectors For Sale

Dust Collectors For Sale

4. redhawknc1

Nonwoodworking... HP Touchpad tablets are $99 now

I haven't had any luck finding one yet. Found one at Best Buy Mobile in Asheville yesterday but they wouldn't hold it or let me go ahead and pay over the phone. I guess I'll be missing this deal...:gar-Cr
  5. redhawknc1

Need help with my Pine Flooring....

I would like to keep the distressed character of the flooring. I was thinking stripping, cleaning and using a floor finish over that. Have called most of the floor guys around here with no luck. One gave me a name of a cleaning service that might could do it. Some really good suggestions here...
  6. redhawknc1

Need help with my Pine Flooring....

Wife has me doing some remodeling in the house this winter as always. Currently remodeling our Master Bedroom. The painting, tearing out an old make-up vanity, etc. are finished. My problem is with the flooring. The flooring is 11" wide heart pine 14' long. Being a soft wood, the floors have...
  7. IMG_02761

IMG_02761

8. IMG_02713

IMG_02713

9. redhawknc1

Hello again I'm Back

Great to hear from you again Jon!:icon_thum
  10. redhawknc1

Byrd Shelix Cutterhead

I just purchased a Byrd Head for my Powermatic PJ882 Jointer. Haven't done the install yet. Need to find a place to buy the replacement bearings. Also, looking for a machine shop to install the bearings. I think it will be a good upgrade...
  11. redhawknc1

I wanta make some boxes....

Jeff, I learned that with my 1st box...I really thought the hinges were aligned properly. But I can see they aren't when I open the lid. Tolerances are very tight on smaller objects...:gar-Bi
  12. redhawknc1

Lots of great suggestions on books...I really appreciate that! Now, to choose! Always love seeing the boxes posted here. I can really appreciate the joinery, style, choice of woods, contrast, etc.
  13. redhawknc1

Any suggestions on a good book(cd) to get me started out with the fundamentals of box making? Would like a book with the fundamentals of box making and some ideals. Different joinery, styles, lids, etc, etc....Thought I would make a few before getting back onto my second workbench. Thanks in...
  14. redhawknc1

...a few more simple projects

What I like about this method is that all I have to do is get each species the same width. Usually just joint the face and 1 side and rip to width. The species can be different widths but consistent within species. Each layup therefore can look different. Good way to utilize scraps.And I have...
  15. redhawknc1

Trent, I use these plans...Simple to be able to use my scraps, no matter the size. I use Jet 12 and 24" Paralell clamps for glue-up with Titebond 2 or 3. http://woodworkerszone.com/wiki/index.php?title=End_Grain_Cutting_Boards
  16. redhawknc1

Projects for Christmas

Those are very nice! Very nice job!
  17. redhawknc1

As far as a finish, I just used Food Grade Mineral oil. I've used Salad Bowl Finish in the past. I like the mineral oil better.....Just wipe on until it quits taking any! I always have plenty of scrap wood, so I like to use it on the cutting boards. I will probably have to make a few more before...
  18. redhawknc1

My wife was wanting some cutting boards for friends this year for presents. Needed them for a trip she is taking for the next few days.Whipped up these in time... Also, finished another little piece of Shop Furniture...a small plane till. Maybe I can get started back on my new bench now.
  19. plane_till

plane_till

20. Christmas_2009_Cutting_Boards

Christmas_2009_Cutting_Boards

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS